Just wanted to give a quick update. I am pleased to announce that Oracle Big Data SQL 3.2.1 is now available. This release provides support for Oracle Database 126.96.36.199. Here are some key details:
- Existing customers using Big Data SQL 3.2 do not need to take this update; Oracle Database 188.8.131.52 support is the reason for the update.
- Big Data SQL 3.2.1 can be used for both Oracle Database 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 deployments
- For Oracle Database 18.104.22.168, Big Data SQL 3.2.1 requires the April Release Update plus the Big Data SQL 3.2.1 one-off patch
- The software is available on ARU. The Big Data SQL 3.2.1 installer will be available on edelivery soon
- Big Data SQL 3.2.1 Installer ( Patch 28071671). Note, this is the complete installer; it is not a patch.
- Oracle Database 22.214.171.124 April Release Update (Patch 27674384).
- Ensure your Grid Infrastructure is also on the 126.96.36.199 April Release Update (if you are using GI)
- Big Data SQL 3.2.1 one-off on top of April RU (Patch 26170659). Ensure you pick the appropriate release in the download page. This patch must be applied to each database server and Grid Infrastructure.
Also, check out this new Big Data SQL Tutorial series on Oracle Learning Library. The series includes numerous videos that helps you understand Big Data SQL capabilities. It includes:
- Introducing the Oracle Big Data Lite Virtual Machine and Hadoop
- Introduction to Oracle Big Data SQL
- Hadoop and Big Data SQL Architectures
- Oracle Big Data SQL Performance Features
- Information Lifecycle Management