Thursday Jun 26, 2014
Thursday Jun 05, 2014
By Jean-Pierre Dijcks-Oracle on Jun 05, 2014
In a fast evolving market, speed is of the essence. mCentric and Globacom leveraged Big Data Appliance, Oracle NoSQL Database to save over 35,000 Call-Processing minutes daily and analyze network traffic 40x faster.
Here are some highlights from the profile:
“Oracle Big Data Appliance works well for very large amounts of structured and unstructured data. It is the most agile events-storage system for our collect-it-now and analyze-it-later set of business requirements. Moreover, choosing a prebuilt solution drastically reduced implementation time. We got the big data benefits without needing to assemble and tune a custom-built system, and without the hidden costs required to maintain a large number of servers in our data center. A single support license covers both the hardware and the integrated software, and we have one central point of contact for support,” said Sanjib Roy, CTO, Globacom.
It took only five days for Oracle partner mCentric to deploy Oracle Big Data Appliance, perform the software install and configuration, certification, and resiliency testing. The entire process—from site planning to phase-I, go-live—was executed in just over ten weeks, well ahead of the four months allocated to complete the project.
Oracle partner mCentric leveraged Oracle Advanced Customer Support Services’ implementation methodology to ensure configurations are tailored for peak performance, all patches are applied, and software and communications are consistently tested using proven methodologies and best practices.
The data warehouse insider is written by the Oracle product management team and sheds lights on all thing data warehousing and big data.
- Big Data SQL Quick Start. Data types - Part8.
- Single PX Server Execution
- New pattern matching tutorial on LiveSQL
- Big Data SQL Quick Start. Partition Pruning - Part7.
- Big Data SQL Quick Start. Predicate Push Down - Part6.
- SQL Pattern Matching Deep Dive - Part 3, greedy vs. reluctant quantifiers
- Common Distribution Methods in Parallel Execution
- Big Data SQL Quick Start. Joins. Bloom Filter and other features - Part5.
- Is an approximate answer just plain wrong?
- Big Data SQL Quick Start. Security - Part4.