By KLaker on Jan 27, 2014
Make sure you are free on Tuesday February 4 because the OTN team are hosting another of their virtual developer day events. Most importantly it is FREE. Even more importantly is the fact that I will be running a 12c pattern matching workshop at 11:45am Pacific Time. Of course there are lots other sessions that you can attend relating to big data and Oracle Database 12c and the OTN team has created two streams to help you learn about this two important areas:
- Oracle Database application development — Learn expert tips and tricks on how to develop applications for Oracle Database 12c and Big Data environments more effectively.
- Oracle Database platform deployment processes — From integration, to data migration, experts showcase new capabilities in Oracle 12c and Big Data environments that will allow you to deliver greater database performance and integration.
You can sign-up for the event and pick your tracks and sessions via this link: https://oracle.6connex.com/portal/database2014/login?langR=en_US&mcc=aceinvite.
My pattern matching session is included in the Oracle 12c DBA section of the application development track and the workshop will cover the following topics:
- Part 1 - Introduction to SQL Pattern Matching
- Part 2 - Pattern Match: simple example
- Part 3 - How to use built-in measures
- Part 4 - Searching for more complex patterns
- Part 5 - Deep dive into how SQL Pattern Matching works
- Part 6 - More Advanced Topics
As my session is only 45 minutes long I am only going to cover the first three topics and leave you to work through the last three topics in your own time. During the 45 minute workshop I will be available to answer any questions via the live Q&A chat feature.
There is a link to the full agenda on the invitation page. The OTN team will be providing a Database 12c Virtualbox VM that you will be able to download later this week. For the pattern matching session I will be providing the scripts to install our sample schema, the slides from the webcast and the workshop files which include a whole series of exercises that will help you learn about pattern matching and test your SQL skills.
The big data team has kindly included my pattern matching content inside their Virtualbox image so if you want to focus on the sessions offered on the big data tracks but still want to work on the pattern matching exercises after the event then you will have everything you need already installed and ready to go!
Don't forget to register as soon as possible and I hope you have a great day…Let me know if you have any questions or comments.