Tuesday Nov 12, 2013
Friday Jun 08, 2012
By chberger on Jun 08, 2012
Tuesday May 29, 2012
By chberger on May 29, 2012
I've created and recorded another YouTube-like presentation and "live" demos of Oracle Advanced Analytics Option, this time focusing on Fraud and Anomaly Detection using Oracle Data Mining. [Note: It is a large MP4 file that will open and play in place. The sound quality is weak so you may need to turn up the volume.]
Data is your most valuable asset. It represents the entire history of your organization and its interactions with your customers. Predictive analytics leverages data to discover patterns, relationships and to help you even make informed predictions. Oracle Data Mining (ODM) automatically discovers relationships hidden in data. Predictive models and insights discovered with ODM address business problems such as: predicting customer behavior, detecting fraud, analyzing market baskets, profiling and loyalty. Oracle Data Mining, part of the Oracle Advanced Analytics (OAA) Option to the Oracle Database EE, embeds 12 high performance data mining algorithms in the SQL kernel of the Oracle Database. This eliminates data movement, delivers scalability and maintains security.
But, how do you find these very important needles or possibly fraudulent transactions and huge haystacks of data? Oracle Data Mining’s 1 Class Support Vector Machine algorithm is specifically designed to identify rare or anomalous records. Oracle Data Mining's 1-Class SVM anomaly detection algorithm trains on what it believes to be considered “normal” records, build a descriptive and predictive model which can then be used to flags records that, on a multi-dimensional basis, appear to not fit in--or be different. Combined with clustering techniques to sort transactions into more homogeneous sub-populations for more focused anomaly detection analysis and Oracle Business Intelligence, Enterprise Applications and/or real-time environments to "deploy" fraud detection, Oracle Data Mining delivers a powerful advanced analytical platform for solving important problems. With OAA/ODM you can find suspicious expense report submissions, flag non-compliant tax submissions, fight fraud in healthcare claims and save huge amounts of money in fraudulent claims and abuse.
This presentation and several brief demos will show Oracle Data Mining's fraud and anomaly detection capabilities.
Thursday May 10, 2012
By chberger on May 10, 2012
Two Oracle Data Mining Virtual Classes are now scheduled. Register for a course in 2 easy steps.
Step 1: Select your Live Virtual Class options
|Live Virtual Class
Course ID: D76362GC10
Course Title: Oracle Database 11g: Data Mining Techniques NEW
Duration: 2 Days
Price: US$ 1,300 Dollars
Step 2: Select the date and location of your Live Virtual Class
Please select a location below then click on the Add to Cart button
|Location||Duration||Class Date||Class Start Time||Class End Time||Course Materials||Instruction Language||Seats||Audience||Employees|
|2 Days||09-Aug-2012||04:00 AM EDT||12:00 PM EDT||English||English||Available||Public|
|2 Days||18-Oct-2012||04:00 AM EDT||12:00 PM EDT||English||English||Available||Public|
Wednesday Apr 04, 2012
By chberger on Apr 04, 2012
Ever want to just sit and watch a YouTube-like presentation and "live" demos of Oracle Advanced Analytics/Oracle Data Mining? Then click here! (plays large MP4 file in a browser)
This 1+ hour long session focuses primarily on the Oracle Data Mining component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option and is tied to the Oracle SQL Developer Days virtual and onsite events. I cover:
- Big Data + Big Data Analytics
- Competing on analytics & value proposition
- What is data mining?
- Typical use cases
- Oracle Data Mining high performance in-database SQL based data mining functions
- Exadata "smart scan" scoring
- Oracle Data Miner GUI (an Extension that ships with SQL Developer)
- Oracle Business Intelligence EE + Oracle Data Mining results/predictions in dashboards
- Applications "powered by Oracle Data Mining for factory installed predictive analytics methodologies
- Oracle R Enterprise
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions. Hope you enjoy!
Charlie Berger, Sr. Director of Product Management, Oracle Data Mining & Advanced Analytics, Oracle Corporation
Friday Mar 23, 2012
By chberger on Mar 23, 2012
A NEW 2-Day Instructor Led Course on Oracle Data Mining has been developed for customers and anyone wanting to learn more about data mining, predictive analytics and knowledge discovery inside the Oracle Database. To register interest in attending the class, click here and submit your preferred format.
- Explain basic data mining concepts and describe the benefits of predictive analysis
- Understand primary data mining tasks, and describe the key steps of a data mining process
- Use the Oracle Data Miner to build,evaluate, and apply multiple data mining models
- Use Oracle Data Mining's predictions and insights to address many kinds of business problems, including: Predict individual behavior, Predict values, Find co-occurring events
- Learn how to deploy data mining results for real-time access by end-users
Five reasons why you should attend this 2 day Oracle Data Mining Oracle University course. With Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option, you will learn to gain insight and foresight to:
- Go beyond simple BI and dashboards about the past. This course will teach you about "data mining" and "predictive analytics", analytical techniques that can provide huge competitive advantage
- Take advantage of your data and investment in Oracle technology
- Leverage all the data in your data warehouse, customer data, service data, sales data, customer comments and other unstructured data, point of sale (POS) data, to build and deploy predictive models throughout the enterprise.
- Learn how to explore and understand your data and find patterns and relationships that were previously hidden
- Focus on solving strategic challenges to the business, for example, targeting "best customers" with the right offer, identifying product bundles, detecting anomalies and potential fraud, finding natural customer segments and gaining customer insight.
By chberger on Mar 23, 2012
UPDATED FOR ORACLE DATABASE 12 RELEASE AND SQL DEVELOPER/ORACLE DATA MINER 4.0
The Oracle Advanced Analytics Option turns the database into an enterprise-wide analytical platform that can quickly deliver enterprise-wide predictive analytics and actionable insights. Oracle Advanced Analytics empowers data and business analysts to extract knowledge, discover new insights and make predictions—working directly with large data volumes in the Oracle Database. Oracle Advanced Analytics, an option of Oracle Database Enterprise Edition, offers a combination of powerful in-database algorithms and open source R algorithms, accessible via SQL and R languages, and provides a range of GUI and IDE options targeting business users to data scientists.
Now you can quickly and easily get set up to starting using Oracle Data Mining, the SQL API & GUI component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Database Option for evaluation purposes. Just go to the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and follow these simple steps.
Oracle Data Mining Evaluation "Kit" Instructions
- Anyone can download and install the Oracle Database for free for evaluation purposes. Read OTN web site http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/index.html for details.
- Oracle Database 12c is the latest release and contains many new features. See Oracle Advanced Analytics 12c Dcoumentation's New Features and this recent Oracle Data Mining Blog posting.
- For Oracle Database Release 11g, 22.214.171.124.0 DB is the minimum, 126.96.36.199 is better and naturally 188.8.131.52 is best if you are a current customer and on active support.
- Either 32-bit or 64-bit is fine. 4GB of RAM or more works fine for SQL Developer and the Oracle Data Miner GUI extension.
- Downloading the database and installing it should take just about an hour or so, depending on your network and computer.
- For more instructions on setting up Oracle Data Mining see: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/options/odm/dataminerworkflow-168677.html
- When you install the Oracle Database, the Oracle Data Mining Examples including sample data is available as part of the total Database installation. See link.
Step 2: Install SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter Release (the Oracle Data Miner GUI Extension installs automatically)
Step 3: Follow the
four free step-by-step Oracle-by-Examples e-training lessons: (Note: Currently the OBEs are based on SQL Developer 3.2 and are being updates, but they are very similar)
- Setting Up Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 This tutorial covers the process of setting up Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 for use within Oracle SQL Developer 3.0.
- Using Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 This tutorial covers the use of Oracle Data Miner to perform data mining against Oracle Database 11g Release 2. In this lesson, you examine and solve a data mining business problem by using the Oracle Data Miner graphical user interface (GUI).
- Star Schema Mining Using Oracle Data Miner This tutorial covers the use of Oracle Data Miner to perform star schema mining against Oracle Database 11g Release 2.
- Text Mining Using Oracle Data Miner This tutorial covers the use of Oracle Data Miner to perform text mining against Oracle Database 11g Release 2.
Easy, fun and the fastest way to get started evaluating Oracle Data Mining.
Monday Sep 19, 2011
By chberger on Sep 19, 2011
Example Predictive Analytics Applications (partial list)
- Oracle Communications & Retail Industry Models —factory installed data mining for specific industries
- Oracle Spend Classification
- Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management (HCM) Predictive Workforce
- Oracle Fusion Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Sales Prediction
- Oracle Adaptive Access Manager real-time Security
- Oracle Complex Event Processing integrated with ODM models
- Predictive Incident Monitoring Service for Oracle Database customers
Pretty cool stuff if you or your customers are interested in analytics. Here's the link to the ppt slides.
Tuesday Apr 06, 2010
By chberger on Apr 06, 2010
Everything about Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option - News, Technical Information, Opinions, Tips & Tricks. All in One Place
- How to generate training and test dataset using SQL Query node in Data Miner
- dunnhumby Accelerates Complex Segmentation Queries from Weeks to Minutes—Gains Competitive Advantage
- How to generate Scatterplot Matrices using R script in Data Miner
- How to export data from the Explore Node using Data Miner and SQL Developer
- Oracle BIWA Summit 2014 January 14-16, 2014 at Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores, CA
- Come See and Test Drive Oracle Advanced Analytics at the BIWA Summit'14, Jan 14-16, 2014
- Oracle Big Data Learning Library
- Oracle Data Miner (Extension of SQL Developer 4.0) Integrate Oracle R Enterprise Mining Algorithms into workflow using the SQL Query node
- Oracle Data Miner GUI, part of SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter 1 is now available for download on OTN
- Oracle Advanced Analytics and Data Mining at the Movies on YouTube