Tuesday Nov 12, 2013
Monday Jul 15, 2013
Oracle Data Miner GUI, part of SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter 1 is now available for download on OTN
By chberger on Jul 15, 2013
The NEW Oracle Data Miner GUI, part of SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter 1 is now available for download on OTN. See link to SQL Developer 4.0 EA1.
The Oracle Data Miner 4.0 New Features are applicable to Oracle Database 11g Release 2 and Oracle Database Release 12c: See Oracle Data Miner Extension to SQL Developer 4.0 Release Notes for EA1 for additional information
· Workflow SQL Script Deployment
o Generates SQL scripts to support full deployment of workflow contents
· SQL Query Node
o Integrate SQL queries to transform data
or provide a new data source
o Supports the running of R Language
Scripts and viewing of R generated data and graphics
· Graph Node
o Generate Line, Scatter, Bar, Histogram
and Box Plots
· Model Build Node Improvements
o Node level data usage specification applied to underlying models
o Node level text specifications to govern text transformations
o Displays heuristic rules responsible for excluding predictor columns
o Ability to control the amount of Classification and Regression test results generated
· View Data
o Ability to drill in to view custom objects and nested tables
These new Oracle Data Miner GUI capabilities expose Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Advanced Analytics/Data Mining Release 1 features:
· Predictive Query Nodes
o Predictive results without the need to build models using Analytical Queries
o Refined predictions based on data
· Clustering Node New Algorithm
o Added Expectation Maximization algorithm
· Feature Extraction Node New Algorithms
o Added Singular Value Decomposition and Principal Component Analysis algorithms
· Text Mining Enhancements
o Text transformations integrated as part of Model's Automatic Data Preparation
o Ability to import Build Text node specifications into a Model Build node
· Prediction Result Explanations
o Scoring details that explain predictive result
· Generalized Linear Model New Algorithm Settings
o New algorithm settings provide feature selection and generation
Wednesday May 08, 2013
By chberger on May 08, 2013
Periodically, I've recorded a demonstration and/or presentation on Oracle Advanced Analytics and Data Mining and have posted them on YouTube. Here are links to some of more recent YouTube postings--sort of an
Oracle Advanced Analytics and Data Mining at the Movies experience.
- New - Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) SampleAppls Demo featuring integration with Oracle Advanced Analytics/Data Mining
- New - Oracle Big Data Analytics Demo mining remote sensor data from HVACs for better customer service
- In-Database Data Mining for Retail Market Basket Analysis Using Oracle Advanced Analytics
- In-Database Data Mining Using Oracle Advanced Analytics for Classification using Insurance Use Case
- Fraud and Anomaly Detection using Oracle Advanced Anlaytics Part 1 Concepts
- Fraud and Anomaly Detection using Oracle Advanced Analytics Part 2 Demo
- Overview Presentation and Demonstration of Oracle Advanced Analytics Database Option
So.... grab your popcorn and a comfortable chair. Hope you enjoy!
Thursday Mar 21, 2013
By chberger on Mar 21, 2013
Best Practices using Oracle Advanced Analytics with Oracle Exadata
You need to visit this Oracle Exadata Webcast Main page first and submit your registration information. Then you’ll receive an email so you can view the Webcast. This is external so you can share with anyone can download the presentation as well. FYI. Charlie
Tuesday Jan 01, 2013
By chberger on Jan 01, 2013
Turkcell İletişim Hizmetleri A.S. Successfully Combats Communications Fraud with Advanced In-Database Analytics
[Original link available on oracle.com http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/customers/customersearch/turkcell-1-exadata-ss-1887967.html]
- Oracle Customer: Turkcell İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Industry: Communications
- Employees: 3,583
- Annual Revenue: Over $5 Billion
Turkcell İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş. is a leading provider of mobile communications in Turkey with more than 34 million subscribers. Established in 1994, Turkcell created the first global system for a mobile communications (GSM) network in Turkey. It was the first Turkish company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Communications fraud, or the use of telecommunications products or services without intention to pay, is a major issue for the organization. The practice is fostered by prepaid card usage, which is growing rapidly. Anonymous network-branded prepaid cards are a tempting vehicle for money launderers, particularly since these cards can be used as cash vehicles—for example, to withdraw cash at ATMs. It is estimated that prepaid card fraud represents an average loss of US$5 per US$10,000 in transactions. For a communications company with billions of transactions, this could result in millions of dollars lost through fraud every year.
Consequently, Turkcell wanted to combat communications fraud and money laundering by introducing advanced analytical solutions to monitor key parameters of prepaid card usage and issue alerts or block fraudulent activity. This type of fraud prevention would require extremely fast analysis of the company’s one petabyte of uncompressed customer data to identify patterns and relationships, build predictive models, and apply those models to even larger data volumes to make accurate fraud predictions.
To achieve this, Turkcell deployed Oracle Exadata Database Machine X2-2 HC Full Rack, so that data analysts can build predictive antifraud models inside the Oracle Database and deploy them into Oracle Exadata for scoring, using Oracle Data Mining, a component of Oracle Advanced Analytics, leveraging Oracle Database11g technology. This enabled the company to create predictive antifraud models faster than with any other machine, as models can be built using search and query language (SQL) inside the database, and Oracle Exadata can access raw data without summarized tables, thereby achieving extremely fast analyses.
A word from Turkcell İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.
“Turkcell manages 100 terabytes of compressed data—or one petabyte of uncompressed raw data—on Oracle Exadata. With Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option, we can analyze large volumes of customer data and call-data records easier and faster than with any other tool and rapidly detect and combat fraudulent phone use.” – Hasan Tonguç Yılmaz, Manager, Turkcell İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.
- Combat communications fraud and money laundering by introducing advanced analytical solutions to monitor prepaid card usage and alert or block suspicious activity
- Monitor numerous parameters for up to 10 billion daily call-data records and value-added service logs, including the number of accounts and cards per customer, number of card loads per day, number of account loads over time, and number of account loads on a subscriber identity module card at the same location
- Enable extremely fast sifting through huge data volumes to identify patterns and relationships, build predictive antifraud models, and apply those models to even larger data volumes to make accurate fraud predictions
- Detect fraud patterns as soon as possible and enable quick response to minimize the negative financial impact
Oracle Product and Services
- Used Oracle Exadata Database Machine X2-2 HC Full Rack to create predictive antifraud models more quickly than with previous solutions by accessing raw data without summarized tables and providing unmatched query speed, which optimizes and shortens the project design phases for creating predictive antifraud models
- Leveraged SQL for the preparation and transformation of one petabyte of uncompressed raw communications data, using Oracle Data Mining, a feature of Oracle Advanced Analytics to increase the performance of predictive antifraud models
- Deployed Oracle Data Mining models on Oracle Exadata to identify actionable information in less time than traditional methods—which would require moving large volumes of customer data to a third-party analytics software—and achieve an average gain of four hours and more, taking into consideration the absence of any system crash (as occurred in the previous environment) during data import
- Achieved extreme data analysis speed with in-database analytics performed inside Oracle Exadata, through a row-wise information search—including day, time, and duration of calls, as well as number of credit recharges on the same day or at the same location—and query language functions that enabled analysts to detect fraud patterns almost immediately
- Implemented a future-proof solution that could support rapidly growing data volumes that tend to double each year with Oracle Exadata’s massively scalable data warehouse performance
“We selected Oracle because in-database mining to support antifraud efforts will be a major focus for Turkcell in the future. With Oracle Exadata Database Machine and the analytics capabilities of Oracle Advanced Analytics, we can complete antifraud analysis for large amounts of call-data records in just a few hours. Further, we can scale the solution as needed to support rapid communications data growth,” said Hasan Tonguç Yılmaz, datawarehouse/data mining developer, Turkcell Teknoloji Araştırma ve Geliştirme A.Ş.
Oracle Partner: Turkcell Teknoloji Araştırma ve Geliştirme A.Ş.
All development and test processes were performed by Turkcell Teknoloji. The company also made significant contributions to the configuration of numerous technical analyses which are carried out regularly by Turkcell İletişim Hizmetleri's antifraud specialists.
- Turkcell İletişim Hizmetleri Uses Engineered System to Analyze 10 Billion Daily, Call-Data Records and Service Logs and to Generate 100,000 Monthly Reports
- Turkcell Deploys Oracle Data Integrator to Drive Efficiency
- Turkcell Accelerates Reporting Tenfold, Saves on Storage and Energy Costs with Consolidated Oracle Exadata Platform
- Turkcell Superonline Transforms Its Order Management and Service Fulfillment with Oracle Communications Solutions
- Technologist of the Year
- Turkcell is an Exemplary Oracle Cross Stack Customer
- Turkcell Gets Three 10X Improvements with Oracle
- Oracle Exadata Changes the Rules of the Game for Turkcell
- Customers Discuss Benefits of Oracle Exadata
- Turkcell Technology Uses Oracle Complex Event Processing for Extreme Scale Mobile Networks
- Turkcell Technology Research & Development Inc. Achieves Substantial Savings with Fault Prevention
- Turkcell iletisim Hizmetleri A.S. Processes Mobile Network Data of 33 Million Subscribers in Real Time
- Kcell Boosts Business Intelligence with Data Warehouse Solution
- Turkcell Gets the Benefits of Oracle Exadata
- Turkcell Eliminates Manual Updates with Oracle IDM
Friday Jun 08, 2012
By chberger on Jun 08, 2012
Friday Mar 23, 2012
By chberger on Mar 23, 2012
UPDATED FOR ORACLE DATABASE 12 RELEASE AND SQL DEVELOPER/ORACLE DATA MINER 4.0
The Oracle Advanced Analytics Option turns the database into an enterprise-wide analytical platform that can quickly deliver enterprise-wide predictive analytics and actionable insights. Oracle Advanced Analytics empowers data and business analysts to extract knowledge, discover new insights and make predictions—working directly with large data volumes in the Oracle Database. Oracle Advanced Analytics, an option of Oracle Database Enterprise Edition, offers a combination of powerful in-database algorithms and open source R algorithms, accessible via SQL and R languages, and provides a range of GUI and IDE options targeting business users to data scientists.
Now you can quickly and easily get set up to starting using Oracle Data Mining, the SQL API & GUI component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Database Option for evaluation purposes. Just go to the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and follow these simple steps.
Oracle Data Mining Evaluation "Kit" Instructions
- Anyone can download and install the Oracle Database for free for evaluation purposes. Read OTN web site http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/index.html for details.
- Oracle Database 12c is the latest release and contains many new features. See Oracle Advanced Analytics 12c Dcoumentation's New Features and this recent Oracle Data Mining Blog posting.
- For Oracle Database Release 11g, 188.8.131.52.0 DB is the minimum, 184.108.40.206 is better and naturally 220.127.116.11 is best if you are a current customer and on active support.
- Either 32-bit or 64-bit is fine. 4GB of RAM or more works fine for SQL Developer and the Oracle Data Miner GUI extension.
- Downloading the database and installing it should take just about an hour or so, depending on your network and computer.
- For more instructions on setting up Oracle Data Mining see: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/options/odm/dataminerworkflow-168677.html
- When you install the Oracle Database, the Oracle Data Mining Examples including sample data is available as part of the total Database installation. See link.
Step 2: Install SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter Release (the Oracle Data Miner GUI Extension installs automatically)
Step 3: Follow the
four free step-by-step Oracle-by-Examples e-training lessons: (Note: Currently the OBEs are based on SQL Developer 3.2 and are being updates, but they are very similar)
- Setting Up Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 This tutorial covers the process of setting up Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 for use within Oracle SQL Developer 3.0.
- Using Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 This tutorial covers the use of Oracle Data Miner to perform data mining against Oracle Database 11g Release 2. In this lesson, you examine and solve a data mining business problem by using the Oracle Data Miner graphical user interface (GUI).
- Star Schema Mining Using Oracle Data Miner This tutorial covers the use of Oracle Data Miner to perform star schema mining against Oracle Database 11g Release 2.
- Text Mining Using Oracle Data Miner This tutorial covers the use of Oracle Data Miner to perform text mining against Oracle Database 11g Release 2.
Easy, fun and the fastest way to get started evaluating Oracle Data Mining.
Wednesday May 19, 2010
Wednesday Feb 10, 2010
By chberger on Feb 10, 2010
Everything about Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option - News, Technical Information, Opinions, Tips & Tricks. All in One Place
- How to generate training and test dataset using SQL Query node in Data Miner
- dunnhumby Accelerates Complex Segmentation Queries from Weeks to Minutes—Gains Competitive Advantage
- How to generate Scatterplot Matrices using R script in Data Miner
- How to export data from the Explore Node using Data Miner and SQL Developer
- Oracle BIWA Summit 2014 January 14-16, 2014 at Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores, CA
- Come See and Test Drive Oracle Advanced Analytics at the BIWA Summit'14, Jan 14-16, 2014
- Oracle Big Data Learning Library
- Oracle Data Miner (Extension of SQL Developer 4.0) Integrate Oracle R Enterprise Mining Algorithms into workflow using the SQL Query node
- Oracle Data Miner GUI, part of SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter 1 is now available for download on OTN
- Oracle Advanced Analytics and Data Mining at the Movies on YouTube