Tuesday Apr 06, 2010
Thursday Feb 18, 2010
By Charlie Berger, Advanced Analytics-Oracle on Feb 18, 2010
The America's Cup has been away from U.S. shores for 15 years, the longest drought since 1851. With the challenge of squeezing out every micro-joule of energy from the wind and with the goal of maximizing "velocity made good", the BMW Oracle Racing Team turned to Oracle Data Mining.
"Imagine standing under an avalanche of data - 2500 variables, 10 times per second and a sailing team demanding answers to design and sailing variations immediately. This was the challenge facing the BMW ORACLE Racing Performance Analysis Team every sailing day as they refined and improved their giant 90 foot wide, 115 foot long trimaran sporting the largest hard-sail wing ever made. Using ORACLE DATA MINING accessing an ORACLE DATABASE and presenting results real time using ORACLE APPLICATION EXPRESS the performance team managed to provide the information required to optimise the giant multihull to the point that it not only beat the reigning America's Cup champions Alinghi in their giant Catamaran but resoundingly crushed them in a power display of high speed sailing. After two races - and two massive winning margins - the America's Cup was heading back to America - a triumph for the team, ORACLE and American technology."
--Ian Burns, Performance Director, BMW ORACLE Racing Team
Visit the http://www.sail-world.com/USA/Americas-Cup:-Oracle-Data-Mining-supports-crew-and-BMW-ORACLE-Racing/68834 for pictures, videos and full information.
Everything about Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option - News, Technical Information, Opinions, Tips & Tricks. All in One Place
- Big Data Analytics with Oracle Advanced Analytics: Making Big Data and Analytics Simple white paper
- 2015 BIWA SIG Virtual Conference - Two Days of "Live" Talks by Experts - FREE
- Call for Abstracts at BIWA Summit'16 - The Oracle Big Data + Analytics User Conference
- Oracle Data Miner 4.1, SQL Developer 4.1 Extension Now Available!
- OpenWorld 2015 Call for Proposals Extended to Wed, May 6th, 11:59 p.m
- Use Repository APIs to Manage and Schedule Workflows to run
- Use Oracle Data Miner to Perform Sentiment Analysis inside Database using Twitter Data Demo
- How to import JSON data to Data Miner for Mining
- ORACLE BI, DW, ANALYTICS, BIG DATA AND SPATIAL USER COMMUNITY - BIWA Summit'15 www.biwasummit.org
- 2014 was a very good year for Oracle Advanced Analytics at Oracle Open World 2014