Wednesday Dec 16, 2015
Friday Jul 24, 2015
By Charlie Berger, Advanced Analytics-Oracle on Jul 24, 2015
Wednesday Jul 15, 2015
By Charlie Berger, Advanced Analytics-Oracle on Jul 15, 2015
Thursday Nov 20, 2014
By Charlie Berger, Advanced Analytics-Oracle on Nov 20, 2014
Please share with your Oracle BI, DW, Analytics, big Data and Spatial User coMMUNITY. THANKS. CB
BIWA Summit’15 Jan 27-29, 2015 Early Bird Registration Ends Friday.
Please direct your colleagues to REGISTER NOW and participate to take advantage of the Early Bird registration ($249.00 USD). EARLY BIRD SPECIAL ENDS TOMORROW (Friday, Nov. 21). Here’s some information about the event below and some pics and talks from last year to give some feel for the opportunity.
BIWA Summits have been organized and managed by the Oracle BI, DW and Analytics SIG user community of IOUG (Independent Oracle User Group) and attract the top Oracle BI, DW and Advanced Analytics and Big Data experts. The 2.5-day BIWA Summit'15 event joins forces with the Oracle Spatial SIG and involves Keynotes by Industry experts, Educational sessions, Hands-on Labs and networking events. We have a great line up so far w/ Tom Kyte Senior Technical Architect in Oracles Server Technology, Doug Cutting (Chief Architect, Cloudera), Oracle BI Senior Management, Neil Mendelson, VP of Product Management Big Data and Advanced Analytics, Matt Bradley, SVP, Oracle Product Development, EPM Applications, other features speakers, and many customers/tech experts (see web site and search % Sessions). Our BIWA Summit offers a broad, multi-track user driven conference that has built up a growing reputation over the years. We emphasize technical content and networking with like minded customers, users, developers, product managers (Database, Big Data Appliance, Oracle Advanced Analytics, Spatial, OBIEE, Endeca, Big Data Discovery, In-Memory, SQL Patterns, etc.), etc. who all share an interest in “novel and interesting use cases” of Oracle BI, DW, Advanced Analytics and Spatial technologies, applications and solutions. We’re off to a great start this year with a great agenda and hope to pack the HQ CC this Jan 27-29, 2015 with 300+ attendees.
Please forward and share with your Oracle BI, DW, Analytics, Big Data and Spatial colleagues.
Thank you! Hope to see you at BIWA Summit'15
Monday Jul 15, 2013
Oracle Data Miner GUI, part of SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter 1 is now available for download on OTN
By Charlie Berger, Advanced Analytics-Oracle on Jul 15, 2013
The NEW Oracle Data Miner GUI, part of SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter 1 is now available for download on OTN. See link to SQL Developer 4.0 EA1.
The Oracle Data Miner 4.0 New Features are applicable to Oracle Database 11g Release 2 and Oracle Database Release 12c: See Oracle Data Miner Extension to SQL Developer 4.0 Release Notes for EA1 for additional information
· Workflow SQL Script Deployment
o Generates SQL scripts to support full deployment of workflow contents
· SQL Query Node
o Integrate SQL queries to transform data
or provide a new data source
o Supports the running of R Language
Scripts and viewing of R generated data and graphics
· Graph Node
o Generate Line, Scatter, Bar, Histogram
and Box Plots
· Model Build Node Improvements
o Node level data usage specification applied to underlying models
o Node level text specifications to govern text transformations
o Displays heuristic rules responsible for excluding predictor columns
o Ability to control the amount of Classification and Regression test results generated
· View Data
o Ability to drill in to view custom objects and nested tables
These new Oracle Data Miner GUI capabilities expose Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Advanced Analytics/Data Mining Release 1 features:
· Predictive Query Nodes
o Predictive results without the need to build models using Analytical Queries
o Refined predictions based on data
· Clustering Node New Algorithm
o Added Expectation Maximization algorithm
· Feature Extraction Node New Algorithms
o Added Singular Value Decomposition and Principal Component Analysis algorithms
· Text Mining Enhancements
o Text transformations integrated as part of Model's Automatic Data Preparation
o Ability to import Build Text node specifications into a Model Build node
· Prediction Result Explanations
o Scoring details that explain predictive result
· Generalized Linear Model New Algorithm Settings
o New algorithm settings provide feature selection and generation
Everything about Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option - News, Technical Information, Opinions, Tips & Tricks. All in One Place
- Links to Presentations: BIWA Summit'16 - Big Data + Analytics User Conference Jan 26-28, @ Oracle HQ Conference Center
- BIWA's Got Talent YouTube Demo Contest! - Enter and Win $500!!!
- NHS Business Services Authority Gains Better Insight into Data, Identifies circa GBP100 Million (US$156 Million) in Potential Savings in Just Three Months
- BIWA 2016 Here are some of our early accepted presentations!!
- Oracle Advanced Analytics at Oracle Open World 2015
- Oracle Advanced Analytics Oracle University (OU) Classes in Cambridge, MA. September 28-Oct. 1, 2015
- Big Data Analytics with Oracle Advanced Analytics: Making Big Data and Analytics Simple white paper
- 2015 BIWA SIG Virtual Conference - Two Days of "Live" Talks by Experts - FREE
- Call for Abstracts at BIWA Summit'16 - The Oracle Big Data + Analytics User Conference
- Oracle Data Miner 4.1, SQL Developer 4.1 Extension Now Available!