Tuesday Nov 12, 2013
Monday Jul 15, 2013
Oracle Data Miner GUI, part of SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter 1 is now available for download on OTN
By chberger on Jul 15, 2013
The NEW Oracle Data Miner GUI, part of SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter 1 is now available for download on OTN. See link to SQL Developer 4.0 EA1.
The Oracle Data Miner 4.0 New Features are applicable to Oracle Database 11g Release 2 and Oracle Database Release 12c: See Oracle Data Miner Extension to SQL Developer 4.0 Release Notes for EA1 for additional information
· Workflow SQL Script Deployment
o Generates SQL scripts to support full deployment of workflow contents
· SQL Query Node
o Integrate SQL queries to transform data
or provide a new data source
o Supports the running of R Language
Scripts and viewing of R generated data and graphics
· Graph Node
o Generate Line, Scatter, Bar, Histogram
and Box Plots
· Model Build Node Improvements
o Node level data usage specification applied to underlying models
o Node level text specifications to govern text transformations
o Displays heuristic rules responsible for excluding predictor columns
o Ability to control the amount of Classification and Regression test results generated
· View Data
o Ability to drill in to view custom objects and nested tables
These new Oracle Data Miner GUI capabilities expose Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Advanced Analytics/Data Mining Release 1 features:
· Predictive Query Nodes
o Predictive results without the need to build models using Analytical Queries
o Refined predictions based on data
· Clustering Node New Algorithm
o Added Expectation Maximization algorithm
· Feature Extraction Node New Algorithms
o Added Singular Value Decomposition and Principal Component Analysis algorithms
· Text Mining Enhancements
o Text transformations integrated as part of Model's Automatic Data Preparation
o Ability to import Build Text node specifications into a Model Build node
· Prediction Result Explanations
o Scoring details that explain predictive result
· Generalized Linear Model New Algorithm Settings
o New algorithm settings provide feature selection and generation
Friday Jun 08, 2012
By chberger on Jun 08, 2012
Friday Mar 23, 2012
By chberger on Mar 23, 2012
A NEW 2-Day Instructor Led Course on Oracle Data Mining has been developed for customers and anyone wanting to learn more about data mining, predictive analytics and knowledge discovery inside the Oracle Database. To register interest in attending the class, click here and submit your preferred format.
- Explain basic data mining concepts and describe the benefits of predictive analysis
- Understand primary data mining tasks, and describe the key steps of a data mining process
- Use the Oracle Data Miner to build,evaluate, and apply multiple data mining models
- Use Oracle Data Mining's predictions and insights to address many kinds of business problems, including: Predict individual behavior, Predict values, Find co-occurring events
- Learn how to deploy data mining results for real-time access by end-users
Five reasons why you should attend this 2 day Oracle Data Mining Oracle University course. With Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option, you will learn to gain insight and foresight to:
- Go beyond simple BI and dashboards about the past. This course will teach you about "data mining" and "predictive analytics", analytical techniques that can provide huge competitive advantage
- Take advantage of your data and investment in Oracle technology
- Leverage all the data in your data warehouse, customer data, service data, sales data, customer comments and other unstructured data, point of sale (POS) data, to build and deploy predictive models throughout the enterprise.
- Learn how to explore and understand your data and find patterns and relationships that were previously hidden
- Focus on solving strategic challenges to the business, for example, targeting "best customers" with the right offer, identifying product bundles, detecting anomalies and potential fraud, finding natural customer segments and gaining customer insight.
By chberger on Mar 23, 2012
UPDATED FOR ORACLE DATABASE 12 RELEASE AND SQL DEVELOPER/ORACLE DATA MINER 4.0
The Oracle Advanced Analytics Option turns the database into an enterprise-wide analytical platform that can quickly deliver enterprise-wide predictive analytics and actionable insights. Oracle Advanced Analytics empowers data and business analysts to extract knowledge, discover new insights and make predictions—working directly with large data volumes in the Oracle Database. Oracle Advanced Analytics, an option of Oracle Database Enterprise Edition, offers a combination of powerful in-database algorithms and open source R algorithms, accessible via SQL and R languages, and provides a range of GUI and IDE options targeting business users to data scientists.
Now you can quickly and easily get set up to starting using Oracle Data Mining, the SQL API & GUI component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Database Option for evaluation purposes. Just go to the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and follow these simple steps.
Oracle Data Mining Evaluation "Kit" Instructions
- Anyone can download and install the Oracle Database for free for evaluation purposes. Read OTN web site http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/index.html for details.
- Oracle Database 12c is the latest release and contains many new features. See Oracle Advanced Analytics 12c Dcoumentation's New Features and this recent Oracle Data Mining Blog posting.
- For Oracle Database Release 11g, 18.104.22.168.0 DB is the minimum, 22.214.171.124 is better and naturally 126.96.36.199 is best if you are a current customer and on active support.
- Either 32-bit or 64-bit is fine. 4GB of RAM or more works fine for SQL Developer and the Oracle Data Miner GUI extension.
- Downloading the database and installing it should take just about an hour or so, depending on your network and computer.
- For more instructions on setting up Oracle Data Mining see: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/options/odm/dataminerworkflow-168677.html
- When you install the Oracle Database, the Oracle Data Mining Examples including sample data is available as part of the total Database installation. See link.
Step 2: Install SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter Release (the Oracle Data Miner GUI Extension installs automatically)
Step 3: Follow the
four free step-by-step Oracle-by-Examples e-training lessons: (Note: Currently the OBEs are based on SQL Developer 3.2 and are being updates, but they are very similar)
- Setting Up Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 This tutorial covers the process of setting up Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 for use within Oracle SQL Developer 3.0.
- Using Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 This tutorial covers the use of Oracle Data Miner to perform data mining against Oracle Database 11g Release 2. In this lesson, you examine and solve a data mining business problem by using the Oracle Data Miner graphical user interface (GUI).
- Star Schema Mining Using Oracle Data Miner This tutorial covers the use of Oracle Data Miner to perform star schema mining against Oracle Database 11g Release 2.
- Text Mining Using Oracle Data Miner This tutorial covers the use of Oracle Data Miner to perform text mining against Oracle Database 11g Release 2.
Easy, fun and the fastest way to get started evaluating Oracle Data Mining.
Wednesday Feb 08, 2012
Everything about Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option - News, Technical Information, Opinions, Tips & Tricks. All in One Place
- How to generate training and test dataset using SQL Query node in Data Miner
- dunnhumby Accelerates Complex Segmentation Queries from Weeks to Minutes—Gains Competitive Advantage
- How to generate Scatterplot Matrices using R script in Data Miner
- How to export data from the Explore Node using Data Miner and SQL Developer
- Oracle BIWA Summit 2014 January 14-16, 2014 at Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores, CA
- Come See and Test Drive Oracle Advanced Analytics at the BIWA Summit'14, Jan 14-16, 2014
- Oracle Big Data Learning Library
- Oracle Data Miner (Extension of SQL Developer 4.0) Integrate Oracle R Enterprise Mining Algorithms into workflow using the SQL Query node
- Oracle Data Miner GUI, part of SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter 1 is now available for download on OTN
- Oracle Advanced Analytics and Data Mining at the Movies on YouTube