Tuesday Apr 06, 2010
Thursday Feb 18, 2010
By chberger on Feb 18, 2010
The America's Cup has been away from U.S. shores for 15 years, the longest drought since 1851. With the challenge of squeezing out every micro-joule of energy from the wind and with the goal of maximizing "velocity made good", the BMW Oracle Racing Team turned to Oracle Data Mining.
"Imagine standing under an avalanche of data - 2500 variables, 10 times per second and a sailing team demanding answers to design and sailing variations immediately. This was the challenge facing the BMW ORACLE Racing Performance Analysis Team every sailing day as they refined and improved their giant 90 foot wide, 115 foot long trimaran sporting the largest hard-sail wing ever made. Using ORACLE DATA MINING accessing an ORACLE DATABASE and presenting results real time using ORACLE APPLICATION EXPRESS the performance team managed to provide the information required to optimise the giant multihull to the point that it not only beat the reigning America's Cup champions Alinghi in their giant Catamaran but resoundingly crushed them in a power display of high speed sailing. After two races - and two massive winning margins - the America's Cup was heading back to America - a triumph for the team, ORACLE and American technology."
--Ian Burns, Performance Director, BMW ORACLE Racing Team
Visit the http://www.sail-world.com/USA/Americas-Cup:-Oracle-Data-Mining-supports-crew-and-BMW-ORACLE-Racing/68834 for pictures, videos and full information.
Everything about Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option - News, Technical Information, Opinions, Tips & Tricks. All in One Place
- Deploy Data Miner Apply Node SQL as RESTful Web Service for Real-Time Scoring
- How to generate training and test dataset using SQL Query node in Data Miner
- dunnhumby Accelerates Complex Segmentation Queries from Weeks to Minutes—Gains Competitive Advantage
- How to generate Scatterplot Matrices using R script in Data Miner
- How to export data from the Explore Node using Data Miner and SQL Developer
- Oracle BIWA Summit 2014 January 14-16, 2014 at Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores, CA
- Come See and Test Drive Oracle Advanced Analytics at the BIWA Summit'14, Jan 14-16, 2014
- Oracle Big Data Learning Library
- Oracle Data Miner (Extension of SQL Developer 4.0) Integrate Oracle R Enterprise Mining Algorithms into workflow using the SQL Query node
- Oracle Data Miner GUI, part of SQL Developer 4.0 Early Adopter 1 is now available for download on OTN