Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 Update: Now Extension to SQL Developer
By Charlie Berger-Oracle on Jul 15, 2010
News: The Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 New "Work Flow" GUI is now being packaged as an Extension to SQL Developer and will be available to external customers as part of the SQL Dev. 3.0 next release Early Adopter program. SQL Developers will be able to access Oracle Data Miner's data mining GUI from within the familiar SQL Developer environments. This tight integration will provide a number of significant advantages for data analyst, developers and DBAs including:
- Everything - Data access, SQL querying and data transformations and Data Mining functionality all in a complete, unified environment - inside the Oracle Database
- Elimination of data movement, loss of security, and information latency to extract data to traditional external data analysis servers e.g. SAS, SPSS.
- Ability to create and deploy complex predictive analytics methodolgies within the Oracle SQL Developer environment
- Ability to Check for Updates and get the latest version of Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 GUI
- Access to Oracle By Examples (OBE) posted on OTN
Stayed tuned to Oracle SQL Developer on the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and Oracle Data Mining on OTN web site and this for updates and more information.
Sample Oracle Data Miner 11g Release 2 New "Work Flow" GUI screen shots:
Explore Relationships node