Oracle BIWA SIG Announces Survey Results
By Mark Hornick-Oracle on Feb 11, 2010
From the Oracle Data Mining perspective, survey respondents (73%) cited data mining and predictive analytics as a major technology interest. More broadly, respondents were asked to consider their interest in the three BIWA SIG areas: Business Intelligence, Warehousing, and Analytics--currently, and in three years. Consistent with the recent TDWI survey, respondents see an increasing primary interest in analytics, going from 22% to 26% and overtaking interest in warehousing, which went from 28% to 21%. Business Intelligence increased slightly, going from 53% to 55%.
Some highlights of the survey include (from today's email announcement):
The BIWA Board of Directors conducted this 2010 Annual BIWA Membership Survey to understand better the needs and interests of our membership. It was a huge success both in terms of number of responses and valuable input from our membership. With nearly 200 respondents, we had roughly a 10% response rate, which for surveys in general is excellent.
The top 6 ideas considered for the 3 "best idea" gift certificates included (first three awarded):
- TechCast Tracks
- Periodic Newsletter to Increase Website Traffic
- Personal Invitation for TechCasts
- Members vote on which TechCasts to run, like Slideshare.com
- Match members with similar interests/concerns, like Match.com
- Run BIWA-specific Contests
What BIWA features do you use the most?
- 60% use the OracleBIWA.org website repeatedly throughout the year
- 44% have viewed four or more live Techcasts
- 34% having viewed recorded TechCasts
- 95% "Best Practices" and "Tips and Tricks"
- 90% "Case Studies"
- 30% would pay $50 per year
- 45% would pay $50 or more per year
- 41% would not pay for membership
Applications: Hyperion (55%), EBS (43%)
Products: Business Intelligence (95%), EPM(43%)
Technology: Business Intelligence (95%), Warehousing (75%), Data Mining (73%), OLAP (65%)
The BIWA Board of Directors continues to review the results of the survey and incorporate ideas and suggestions to improve BIWA SIG. The BIWA Board of Directors will be actively seeking volunteers and sub-committee members to help implement these. If you are interested, contact Shyam Varan Nath (firstname.lastname@example.org), BIWA SIG President.