Oracle GoldenGate 12c (22.214.171.124.1) for IBM DB2 iSeries was released on February 15, 2014. The new version delivers the following new features:
- Native Delivery (Replicat): the new feature allows the user to install Oracle GoldenGate on the IBM i server and delivers the data directly to the IBM DB2 for i database. In previous releases, users had to install Oracle GoldenGate on a remote server and apply the data to the IBM DB2 for i database via ODBC. The native delivery not only improves the performance but also supports the GRAPHIC, VARGRAPHIC and DBCLOB datatypes, which are not supported in the ODBC remote delivery for IBM DB2 for i.
- Schema Wildcarding: as with other databases that Oracle GoldenGate supports, the schema wildcarding is now available for the IBM DB2 for i database as well.
- Auto discard: the discard file is now created by default.
- Coordinated Delivery (Replicat): the coordinated delivery is supported in the native delivery (replicat).
- BATCHSQL: supported on IBM i 7.1 and higher version.