By Irem Radzik-Oracle on Oct 08, 2014
Last Tuesday evening we had a special celebration at Oracle OpenWorld. In an Oscars-like ceremony we announced the winners of the 2014 Oracle Excellence Awards for Fusion Middleware Innovation. You can find an overview of the Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards Ceremony and the full list of winners across all 12 categories in the following blog post: And The Winners Are....
In this blog post I would like to introduce you the 2014 Fusion Middleware Innovation Award winners in the Data Integration category: NET Serviços and Griffith University.
NET Serviços is Latin America’s largest multi-service cable company and enjoyed a steep growth in its business. However the existing system architecture was not supporting this business growth, and the new product areas and business models they were expanding to. Net Serviços team, led by Robin Michael Gray, built a single corporate real-time integration platform in a standards-based private cloud architecture with high level of maturity of standardization and architecture documentation. They implemented the private cloud environment on Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic, and for enterprise-wide real-time integration they are using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle SOA Suite. This platform enabled:
- 60% reduction in development time
- 50% reduction in management costs via native solutions for monitoring and error handling
- 80% reduction in data quality problems via data validation as part of integration
- Increased agility in identifying and fixing problems due to very innovative ODI data quality firewall and Oracle GoldenGate "error hospital"
Griffith University is based in Australia, and is one of the most influential universities in the Asia-Pacific region. Bruce Callow, chief technology officer for Griffith University, and his team saw the opportunity to improve student experience and attract more enrollment by building a modern web and mobile interface. Griffith University deployed Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Service Bus with the help of their partner Integral to build a real-time data hub that supports key applications such as Oracle RightNow Service Cloud and allows a new web and mobile interface for students. The solution also reduced the load on the core Oracle PeopleSoft system during peak load windows. With this solution Griffith University:
• Achieved unified view of students by using Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle SOA Suite, and Oracle Service Bus
• Improved visibility on the state of demand for courses and to optimize enrollments and course scheduling in real time to best meet that demand
• Increased student satisfaction in enrollment process from 20% to 86%.
You can learn more about Griffith University's solution here: Griffith University Manages Enrollment Peaks 4x Faster—Boosts Student Satisfaction and Retention Rate
Congratulations to Net Serviços and Griffith University with their partner Integral for winning this year's Oracle Excellence Awards for usion Middleware Innovation in Data Integration category!