Announcing OCI Database Migration integration with OCI GoldenGate (Live Now).
In the previous workflow, the user manually deployed and managed a GoldenGate marketplace instance in their tenancy. Users had the responsibility to correctly size and create an OCI Marketplace instance and configure it to be used in OCI Database Migration. Now, users can save time and avoid the manual setup. The user can enable online migration using GoldenGate by simply selecting an option.
The benefits of this change:
- Speeds up the online migration setup process
- Intelligently scales GoldenGate deployments based on the migration size/load
- Optimizes resource utilization by reclaiming/recycling GoldenGate deployments when not required
- Presents customers with comprehensive cause/action information in an event of a failure
- Provides capability to interactively adjust GoldenGate parameters directly from the OCI Console
For those who specifically need to deploy a marketplace instance, the service will allow them to do so by entering their GoldenGate details as an advance option.
OCI Database Migration will also add support for logical migrations of MySQL sources into MySQL Database Service.
The users will leverage the following benefits of our managed migration service:
- No software installation is required on either source or target
- A step-bystep workflow based migration through OCI user interface (no console commands required)
- Assistance of migration advisor in order to introspect the source and identify possible incompatibilities with the target
- Offline migrations utilizing native MySQL data movement
- Online migrations using GoldenGate Service Integration for replication
- And completly free!
Stay tuned for the General Availability date on this feature!
Want to know more about OCI Database Migration service?
Senior Product Manager
Jorge Martinez is a Product Manager in the GoldenGate organization focusing on OCI Database Migration service.