Oracle releases Oracle GoldenGate 184.108.40.206.0
By user11953985 on May 26, 2011
The Oracle Data Integration team recently released a bundled set of patch updates for Oracle GoldenGate 11gR1 which includes many new features and capabilities. This release is certainly exciting as it demonstrates Oracle’s unique strategy to continue to integrate its best of breed solutions forming a pervasive data integration platform.
Below is only a highlight of the features included in this patch set and I encourage you to view more details provided in the links below:
- Improved Monitoring
- Manager Infrastructure improvements provide better client/server network communication, better port use reporting, newly designed modular command processor, and improved process management
- New Manager Agent includes embedded JVM to support new Oracle GoldenGate Monitor to retrieve monitoring points from shared memory
- Increased Security
- Oracle GoldenGate furthers its data replication capabilities by supporting replication of data protected by Oracle Advanced Security data encryption options. This includes data protected by either column-level encryption using Transparent Data Encryption as well entire contents of data files using Tablespace Encryption
- Expanded Capture and Delivery support for Heterogeneous Platforms
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- Sybase ASE 15.5
- DB2 v10 for z/OS
- Tighter Integration with Oracle Products
- Oracle GoldenGate Capture module is integrated tighter with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) by providing recovery checkpoint information within system tables which protects that archive logs are available when required. Also improves archive log management reducing space requirements when archives log are not longer required.
- Oracle GoldenGate expands data type coverage to include timestamps with region ID
- New schema-level supplemental logging provides automatic supplemental logging for newly created and altered tables
To view a complete list of all the new features, download and read the Oracle GoldenGate 220.127.116.11 release notes.
For more information about installing and configuring Oracle GoldenGate to take advantage of these features, or just for help with upgrading your current installation to the newest release, visit the user library.