Oracle GoldenGate 12c Capture for SQL Server
By Mackbell-Oracle on Jul 15, 2014
In Oracle GoldenGate 12c we have expanded the heterogeneity of the product by adding support for the latest versions of the major databases.
In Oracle GoldenGate 18.104.22.168.1 for SQL Server, which is available for download on My Oracle Support, we offer support for capturing from and delivering to SQL Server 2012. Oracle GoldenGate 12c also supports SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 Capture and Delivery.
Two other highly anticipated new features for Oracle GoldenGate 12c for SQL Server, are the ability for Capture to read from SQL Server compressed transaction log backups and the ability to restrict the need for Capture to read from transaction log backups, required when customers use 3rd party transaction log backup utilities.
Some of the key capabilities of Oracle GoldenGate for SQL Server are as follows:
- Oracle GoldenGate now supports Capture from SQL Server 2012 beginning with GoldenGate 22.214.171.124.1.
- Oracle GoldenGate for SQL Server can be configured to Capture from tables without Primary Keys.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c for SQL Server supports SQL Server native backup compression and includes the optional configuration to never have to read from transaction log backups, which enables any log backup utility to be used.
- Capture process can work in conjunction with SQL Server Transactional Replication, and Change Data Capture.
- Oracle GoldenGate for SQL Server can provide real-time data to heterogeneous target databases, and receive real-time data from heterogeneous databases.
A complete list of supported features and details on how to implement those features are available in the Oracle GoldenGate 12c Documentation Library, available at the following address: http://docs.oracle.com/goldengate/1212/gg-winux/index.html
I also recommend reading our white paper “Using Oracle GoldenGate 12c with SQL Server” that provides more details on how GoldenGate supports SQL Server databases.