Oracle Data Integrator sprints on Exadata
By Mala Narasimharajan on Jan 27, 2011
What sets Oracle Data Integrator apart from other ETL vendors? In one word - PERFORMANCE. We all know data integration projects seem to take forever to complete and one of the primary reasons is that bulk data loading and transformations consume a lot of time and resources. Oracle Data Integrator on Exadata results in tremendous performance gains. Up to 7TB per hour of real data loading and transformations, and the benchmark proves it. Here's why organizations need to take a serious look at ODI on Exadata...
- ODI-EE is 100% Certified for Exadata
- Fastest ELT for Exadata
- Integrated management and monitoring
- ODI runs directly on Exadata - no new ETL hardware required. Why do you care: You save money on net new hardware costs.
- No new hardware required as data sets grow
- ODI processes used only during integration runs
- Exadata continually available for OLTP, BI, DW,
- Out of the box ODI Knowledge Modules used for ELT and no additional customizations or complex tuning required.
Let's say data comes from outside Exadata - what happens then? The ODI ELT approach helps load data onto Exadata far more efficiently than the historical ELT approach. ODI can stage the data within the DBFS - thus avoiding data staging nightmares and transform the data using set-base SQL.
All in all, using ODI Exadata is just a smarter way to solve a problem and has proved to be THE FASTEST WAY TO LOAD Exadata. To learn more about ODI-EE for Exadata take a look at our latest paper or go to our website for more information.