By Giuseppe Maxia on Mar 03, 2009
For the uninitiated, a BoF is an informal discussion group about a common topic. There is no registration and no fee for a BoF. You can organize one even if you don't plan to attend the main event. If your BoF is accepted and scheduled, you can organize it as you like. You won't get a free pass for a BoF, though.
We provide the rooms. You bring in the ideas. Submit a BoF proposal!
Almost everything is suitable for a BoF. We only ask that it is related to MySQL.
- Do you have a project that you are developing and it is still in vaporware stage? No chances for the main conference, but perfectly OK for a BoF.
- A topic that you feel is missing from the main schedule? Make a BoF.
- Your favorite connector is neglected? A BoF may revamp the community attention.
- Have you created a killer scheme that solves MySQL replication one-master-many-slaves limitation? Show it in a BoF.
- Your fork of the Archive engine is the best thing since sliced bread? Boast it in a BoF!
Imagination is the only limit. Get a good idea. Make it known!