Monday Feb 16, 2009
Sunday Feb 08, 2009
By Giuseppe Maxia on Feb 08, 2009
The MySQL Developers Room at FOSDEM was a success. There was a full room (about 80 seats, and many sitting on the floor) throughout the day. We started at 9am with a talk on PBXT, and ended at 17:00. My talk had a large audience and was very well received.
The enthusiasm was quite high also because of a stunt I did during the presentation. It was a creative way of explaining the difference between physical and logical partitioning. I will repeat this stunt at the MySQL Users Conference, during my Tutorial on Partitioning.
Those who were attending today know about it. For the attendees at the Users Conference it will be a surprise.
The high point of the conference was at 1:15pm, with Kaj Q&A session, where we collected quite a lot of feedback.
For the many enthusiasts who followed my presentation, here are the slides.
Thanks to all participants for their stamina. Thanks to Lenz Grimmer for making this possible, and for the FOSDEM organizers for their kind hospitality.
- Into the sunset
- Mårten Mickos strikes back
- MySQL track at the German Oracle User Group conference
- Monty doesn't say ...
- MySQL 5.1.47 and 5.0.91 released - Two strong reasons to upgrade
- The MySQL Community meets the Independent Oracle Users Group
- Active support for MySQL 5.0 and extended support for 4.1 will soon end
- MySQL Labs : server snapshots available for download
- The MySQL Librarian is here!
- MySQL has a new release model