Oracle Announces Availability of Oracle Big Data Appliance
By jgelhaus on Jan 10, 2012
New Engineered System and Oracle Big Data Connectors Help Unlock the Value of Enterprise Big Data
- Oracle announced the availability of Oracle Big Data Appliance to help customers derive maximum business value from Big Data.
- Oracle Big Data Appliance is an engineered system of hardware and software that incorporates Cloudera’s Distribution Including Apache Hadoop with Cloudera Manager, plus an open source distribution of R.
- Running on Oracle Linux, the system also features Oracle NoSQL Database Community Edition and Oracle HotSpot Java Virtual Machine.
- Oracle today also announced the availability of Oracle Big Data Connectors, a software product that helps customers easily integrate data stored in Hadoop and Oracle NoSQL Database with Oracle Database 11g.
- Together with Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, Oracle Big Data Appliance with the Oracle Big Data Connectors software delivers everything customers require to acquire, organize and to analyze Big Data within the context of all their enterprise data.