- Tom Kyte writes about Oracle Database 12c Multitenant Option in Oracle Magazine
- Oracle and .NET session at San Francisco .NET Developer Meeting March 12
- Data warehousing leaders gather in Nice, France to discuss best practices
- Keep Informed! March 2014 Database Insider Newsletter
- Oracle Academy's March Ask the Oracle Experts Series Webcast Features Andy Mendelsohn
- Database as a Service Minnesota Style
- Join Andy Mendelsohn March 4th to Say Yes to NoSQL
- Oracle Multitenant Infograhpic
- CSX Corporation Upgrades Databases 2x Faster With Oracle Real Application Testing
- Continuous Access to Innovation with Oracle Support and Oracle Database 12c
Friday May 31, 2013
Tuesday May 21, 2013
By margaret hamburger on May 21, 2013
This is a great example of the evolution happening in Oracle Data Warehousing environments as customers consolidate databases into a single source of truth for their businesses with Oracle Exadata. Not only was Targetbase able to integrate large volumes of social, retail, and point-of-sale (POS) data, such as Web blogs, to drive richer and more actionable insights for their clients. They enabled real-time analytics scoring and consumer-specific text mining on large volumes of marketing-related data while achieving some great performance gains with up to 40x faster queries. Learn how Oracle Database compression features helped reduce their storage costs by 30%.
Monday May 20, 2013
By margaret hamburger on May 20, 2013
A few times a year, I'm asked to update the Oracle Database Reference Booklet. Each time, the number of customers benefiting from upgrading to the Oracle Database grows. Read for yourself how an airline cut analysis time for travel partner bookings from 10 hours to 10 minutes, helping staff develop better informed partner sales and marketing strategies. Or how a bank completed their database upgrade without disruption to their day-to-day operations and minimized system downtime for more than 2 million customers, who expect around the clock services. Or how a manufacturing company saved an expected US$609,000 on storage hardware costs. These are just of few of the customer who improved performance, provided better service for their customers and saved money with the Oracle Database.
Need a good reason to upgrade to the Oracle Database? Look no further.
Wednesday May 08, 2013
By jgelhaus on May 08, 2013
Spatial Community! Can't Make it to DC?
You can attend the Oracle Spatial and Graph User Conference by webcast May 21/22-- for live and on demand streaming of new product/technology training sessions and leading use cases.
In person and onsite registration is also available for the training in Washington, DC -- meeting opportunities with product/dev team are available.
Friday May 03, 2013
By Markus Weber on May 03, 2013
Recently, I had the pleasure to interview two ODTUG (Oracle Development Tools User Group) members:
- Monty Latiolais, President, ODTUG
- Kellyn Pot'Vin, ODTUG, responsible for Database content at KScope 13
Monty and Kellyn talk about this year's keynote, tracks and workshops, the Database and Developers Symposium on Sunday, the special event on Wednesday night and other social events, the community service project (which started 6 years ago in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina), and WIT (Women In Technology).
Make sure to listen to all of it in order to get a registration code for a $100 discount !
More info on the conference from other high profile Oracle employees and their participation: