Tuesday Jan 18, 2011
Wednesday Jan 27, 2010
By danmcd on Jan 27, 2010
In all honesty, I'm glad this regulatory dance is over. We've all been having a little itch in our brains about this. Even if any of us have had real work to do, we've been at least a little distracted by by this whole acquisition uncertainty.
Well, we're finally part of Oracle now, and I think that's pretty cool. Larry E. wants to butt heads with IBM and HP directly, and quite honestly, we at Sun have been doing that on-and-off for at least my not-quite-14-years here. Now that this uncertainty has been removed, we can at least narrow the uncertainty to any internal-to-Oracle decisions, which given certain statements both in the past and yesterday seem pretty encouraging, at least from my engineering perspective.
- A final suggested read
- I'm leaving, and switching gears for a bit
- MAC-then-encrypt - also harmful, also hard to do in Solaris
- Thinking about the Birthday Problem on my Birthday, as it applies to my Birthday Present
- Do a "pkg image-update" with multiple zones!!!
- I, for one, welcome our new database-selling overlords.
- Wanna help your Girl Scouts? Not unless you have Windows. :-P
- IKEv2 project page updated
- OpenSolaris works out of the box with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
- IKEv2 project now on OpenSolaris
Other Solaris Developers
No bookmarks in folder