By danmas on Mar 05, 2009
Just a little update on some of our latest developments:
1. We are getting ready to release a new SBD lun provider that will support PGRs, some cleaned up management interfaces and a couple of bug fixes. Should be out in the next 5 builds or so. Anyone that wants to help us with testing, send me a private note.
2. Tim Szeto, a lead engineer of mine is spending time thinking (deeply) about things like dtrace probes for COMSTAR, MDB walkers for COMSTAR, and kstats for COMSTAR. Look for open solaris discussions, ARC docs (join PSARC for that) and a storied discussion. Your observations and requirements are invited. Hit me.
3. iSER is just about ready to integrate. Would have put it back in 110, but, quiet build and all that. Don't want to destabalize the mother ship.
4. SRP target is cooking right along. Check it out, sign up for the developer's mailing list and poke at things. (http://opensolaris.org/os/project/srp). Peter C is rocking and rolling on the community update stuff. Shout at him if you need something!
5. FCOE is so very close. Roger's team is cooking this one pretty hard. Check it out at http://opensolaris.org/os/project/FCOE
6. iSCSI for COMSTAR screams! We knew it would, and it continues to get great reviews. It isn't perfect yet, but, it is turning heads. Check it out!
Summary? COMSTAR coupled with the deep traceability of DTrace and the power of The World Class filesystem is changing the storage game. My team continues to kick butt. Together we are crafting a superlative open storage foundation. Hop on board the Open Storage train.