By vdiozguy on Apr 02, 2013
One of the most common requests people like me get is for "information" and "documentation" (and aren't they the same?) - so here goes a list of the most important and regularly referenced ones, kept up to date:
PRODUCT INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION LINKS
The above all drill down into important pages, of which the below I refer a lot of people to very often:
- Oracle VDI 3.5: Getting Started Guide
- Oracle VDI 3.5: Performance, Tuning and Sizing Guide
- Sun Ray 5.4.X: Video Acceleration Using the Connector for Windows
- Sun Ray 5.4.X: USB Device Redirection
- Sun Ray 5.4.X: Connector for Citrix XenDesktop 1.1
- Sun Ray 5.4.X: VMware View Connector
DOWNLOADS IN GENERAL (links above too)
They are all here: edelivery.oracle.com, the "Oracle Software Delivery Cloud ". Just select "Oracle Desktop Virtualization Products" and your product of choice, VDI, SRS or SGD. The Oracle Virtual Desktop Client (OVDC) can also be downloaded from there, just pick a Sun Ray distro to download and you will be presented with the OVDC as a choice too. The OVDC for iPad is available through the Apple App Store.
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure: A Design Proposal for Hosted Virtual Desktops
- Oracle's Single Server Solution for VDI
- Design Considerations for Oracle Secure Global Desktop Deployments
We have a dedicated Forum "Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Sun Ray Clients" - Feel free to join!
Note: Down under, we "Virtualise the Data Centre". I hear that elsewhere, they "Virtualize the Data Center".