Wednesday Apr 27, 2011
Thursday Apr 07, 2011
By dagastine on Apr 07, 2011
I'm pleased to announce several new SPECjbb2005 World Records for Oracle Java.
With the launch of the new Intel Xeon Processor E7 famliy, many joint Intel and Oracle partners have published record breaking results using Oracle Java. Congratulations to Cisco, Fujitsu, SGI, and Oracle Systems! Oracle Java now holds the world records on SPECjbb2005 for 2, 4, and 8 Socket servers! And thanks to SGI, we have a massive all around world record result of 32,643,008 SPECjbb2005 bops. Wow!
These results are the fruit of the labor of the Oracle Java Performance and JVM teams through our performance collaboration with Intel. Great work team!
SPEC Disclosure Statement
SPEC, SPECjbb reg tm of Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. Sun Fire X4470 M2 results submitted to SPEC. Other results as of 02/17/2011 on www.spec.org. Sun Fire X4470 M2 (4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU, MS Windows, Oracle Java 6 u25) SPECjbb2005 bops = 2,703,740, SPECjbb2005 bops/JVM =675,935.
- Java SE 6 Update 25 has been released!
- More Performance World Records for Oracle Java
- Dagastine -> Keenan
- Come to my talks, Intel is raffling 2 Netbooks!
- Java One 2009: Come check out my performance sessions
- Tree Wagers
- Tim Ellison's misguided remarks
- Java Rocks Intel Nehalem
- Drinking the Cool-aid, and SPECjbb2005
- First SPECjvm2008 Result Published!