Tuesday Mar 23, 2010

IWC debugging lite

If you need to debug IWC you can use Firebug Plugin, but you even can enable debug option in IWC itself. I decide to doing this only if needed but I didn't won't to stop IWC, enable it, and start IWC up again, and vise versa for disable it.

My 'hack' is to do like this;

Create a copy of iwc_static/layout/main.html to iwc_static/layout/main-fb.html

Edit the new main-fb.html and enable debugging (change isDebug to true);

isDebug: true,


If you now need to do debugging on IWC you just need to login into IWC. 


Now manually change the URL from main.html to main-fb.html and here we go.

Click on Popup open debug in extra window.



The second trick is to add the "isDebug=true" parameter to the URL. This can be done prior to login and will be carried forward to when main.html is loaded for the first time, e.g.

http://hostname/iwc_static/layout/login.html?someparameters&isDebug=true

NOTE: This only works in Convergence 2 currently.


Happy debugging....

Monday Oct 26, 2009

Empty Convergence Address Book

I've got an request these dayz about an empty Convergence Address Book for a certain user. The dedicated user had several entries in his Address Book from LDAP point of view. Even newly created entries in the Address Book was disappeared after relogin.

First of all I requested the LDAP ldif output of this Address Book entry to reproduce this in my lab setup.

In the ldif file itself I need to change each piPStoreOwner to fit for my lab user.

The original:

piEntryID=e102780a18b2208e, piPStoreOwner=source-user, o=source-domain.tld,o=piserverdb

changed to:

piEntryID=e102780a18b2208e, piPStoreOwner=tberlin, o=vmdomain.tld,o=piserverdb

Afterwards I add this to the LDAP Server with:

ldapadd -f abook-test.ldif -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w password

I got the same result for my lab user and empty Convergence Address Book View. Taking a look into the LDAP access log file report 282 entries was returned by the ldapsearch from Convergence.

[23/Oct/2009:16:20:35 +0200] conn=30 op=55 msgId=75 - SRCH base="pipstoreowner=tberlin,o=vmdomain.tld,o=piserverdb" scope=2 filter="...snipped..."
[23/Oct/2009:16:20:35 +0200] conn=30 op=55 msgId=75 -  SORT displayName (282)
[23/Oct/2009:16:20:35 +0200] conn=30 op=55 msgId=75 - RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=282 etime=0 notes=U

Interestingly the iwc.log (Debug mode) reported nb total entries found=0

ADDRESS_BOOK: DEBUG from com.sun.comms.client.ab.coresrv.CorePersonalStore  
  Thread httpSSLWorkerThread-80-2 at 2009-10-23 16:22:05,430 - searchBook: bookEntryID=e102780a18b2208e, 
  filter=entry/@entryID=false,sortBy=null
ADDRESS_BOOK: DEBUG from com.sun.comms.client.ab.abutil.ABUtils  
  Thread httpSSLWorkerThread-80-2 at 2009-10-23 16:22:05,431 - Host & Port to match funky.vmdomain.tld:389
ADDRESS_BOOK: DEBUG from com.sun.comms.client.ab.abutil.ABUtils  
  Thread httpSSLWorkerThread-80-2 at 2009-10-23 16:22:05,431 - Returning dbKey ==null
ADDRESS_BOOK: DEBUG from com.sun.comms.client.ab.coresrv.CorePersonalStore  
  Thread httpSSLWorkerThread-80-2 at 2009-10-23 16:22:05,440 - searchBook: nb total entries found=0

It turns out that 'corrupt' entries in LDAP cause this issue. LDAP entries which caused this issue had 'corrupt' sn and displyname information.



After I remove the corrupt entries the Address Book was worked as expected.


About

Andreas Breuer - TSC Engineer - writes about his life in support.

Search

Categories
Archives
« April 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today