What would you like to see in Sun Studio?
By Darryl Gove-Oracle on Oct 26, 2007
The Sun Studio team are inviting anyone to give them feedback about what features should be in the next version. Obviously, it is not going to be possible to implement every suggestion, but if you have any requests then follow the following procedure before the cut-off date of 31st October (yup, that's not too far in the future). Alternatively, paste them as comments into my blog, and I'll make sure that they get put on the list.
The procedure for filing a request for enhancement (rfe) against Sun Studio is as follows:
- Go to http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/ and check the box at the bottom of the page which says that you understand that the tool is not a support mechanism, then click on "Start a new Report"
- Select the following:
- Type = Request for Enhancement
- Product/Category = "C/C++/Fortran Compilers and Tools - Misc"
- Subcategory = "C/C++/Fortran Compilers and Tools - Misc"
- Release = "Other"
- Operating System = choose appropriate OS
- Click on "Continue"
On the next screen, you only need to fill out the required fields indicated by asterisks. Some notes for two of the fields:
- The "Synopsis" field should be start with the identifier "VOC" (short for "Voice of Customer"). e.g.: "VOC: Please add this feature".
- Complete the "Justification" field with details on why the feature is important - the more credible the reason the better.
- Finally, click on "Submit"
Thanks for your help.
BTW, the same form can be used to report bugs in the product too - but as the check box indicates it is not a way of getting support.