Wednesday Feb 06, 2013
Tuesday Feb 05, 2013
By Tuula Fai on Feb 05, 2013
You’ve heard the term ‘Proactive Service.’ You know it means reaching out to customers to give them a better experience. But you’re wondering, What’s the best way to do that? Because you want to reach out with service that is personal and relevant—so you can drive more sales and lower support costs.
Brands that stand out are those that get ahead of customer needs and use every interaction to grow their business. By engaging with consumers before they have issues, companies can increase customer satisfaction and operational efficiency, resulting in sustainable growth and profits.
Here are the top three ways to proactively reach out to customers:
- Invite customers to chat on your website
- Update customers with service alerts
- Send targeted campaigns and personalized emails
First, business rules enable you to automatically offer chat based on criteria like how many answers a customer has viewed on your website, or whether she is about to abandon her shopping cart. By engaging at the point of need, you can resolve customer issues quickly and boost sales.
Drugstore.com, a Walgreens Company, uses Oracle RightNow Cloud Service to proactively offer chat. By using chat to guide online shoppers, Drugstore’s beauty.com has achieved a 30% online conversion rate and increased shopping basket size by 20%.
Second, you can send customers relevant information—like service alerts, knowledge updates, or product enhancements—based on their profile preferences. This proactive outreach helps build loyalty while saving money on call deflection.
ResortCom International, a vacation industry leader, uses Oracle RightNow Cloud Service to proactively deliver relevant service and offers to customers through their preferred channels and times of day. Proactive communications have decreased its inbound calls by 20%, resulting in $200,000 savings. ResortCom also increased its business 10X with no increase in support headcount.
Third, you can use profile preferences to send customers targeted campaigns and personalized emails. Putting relevant content in front of consumers helps keep your brand top-of-mind, increasing sales opportunities and customer retention.
Shaklee, the number one natural nutrition company in the U.S., uses Oracle RightNow Cloud Service to create personalized campaigns and automatically send welcome letters and birthday emails to members. Personalized outreach has increased Shaklee’s campaign click-through rates and saved money on marketing headcount.
In summary, proactive service helps you drive more sales opportunities and lower support costs at the same time.
Learn more about Oracle RightNow Cloud Customer Service Solutions at www.oracle.com/rightnow
Wednesday Jan 30, 2013
Thursday Jan 10, 2013
Sunday Jan 06, 2013
By Tuula Fai on Jan 06, 2013
When your customers have questions, do they get the correct answer quickly – the first time? Can they get the right answer from your website, your agent or a fellow customer?
Well-executed knowledge management can help you get the right information to the right people at the right time, across all channels – making agents more productive, delighting your customers, and keeping costs down.
Join us for a Free Webcast on Thurs., January 17 to discover how Knowledge Management can help you:
- Drive brand loyalty with a dramatically improved customer experience
- Increase productivity by empowering agents with up-to-date collective insights
- Lower service costs by reducing interaction times
- Provide consistent multichannel service by sharing information across the enterprise
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover how you can maximize productivity, increase customer satisfaction, and reduce costs. Click on ‘Register Now’ to secure your place.
Monday Dec 31, 2012
By Tuula Fai on Dec 31, 2012
Customers demand personalized service. With margins thinner than ever, how can you provide it in a cost-effective way? The answer is ‘Chat.’
Not chat as in people milling about the water cooler. But Live Chat, the newest customer service channel, whose use has doubled in the past few years and whose customer satisfaction score is the highest of all online channels.
Chat sessions enable customer service agents to provide real-time, personalized answers to several customers at once, increasing contact center responsiveness and efficiency while decreasing costs. Here are some results from Oracle RightNow Chat Cloud Service customers:
- Financial Services Leader Jackson Hewitt—Chat enables Jackson Hewitt to provide real-time support to both tax preparers and end customers, increasing their satisfaction while improving support efficiency with agents handling multiple chat sessions simultaneously. Chat, along with the knowledge base, has reduced calls by 40%, lowering Jackson Hewitt’s support costs.
- High Technology Innovator Xactware—Chat enables Xactware to handle higher support volume without added headcount, despite rapid customer growth. With 75% of inquiries coming through chat, including mobile chat, Xactware has generated significant savings while beating its service level KPIs by as much as 80%.
Using Oracle RightNow Chat Cloud Service, these companies have improved customer service and operational efficiency at the same time, paving the way for sustainable growth and profits.
Join us at an Oracle CloudWorld event near you to learn how Chat, and our other Cloud Customer Service and Support solutions, can help you deliver exceptional customer service experiences. To sign up, please visit our registration page.
Thursday Dec 13, 2012
By Tuula Fai on Dec 13, 2012
Tis the season to be jolly. If you’re a retailer, your level of jolliness depends on sales. So you watch trends like U.S. store traffic increasing 3.5% to 308 million on Black Friday but sales actually falling 1.8% to $11.2 billion.
Fortunately, by the end of November, retail sales were up 3.7% over the previous year, thanks to life recovering after Hurricane Sandy. And online sales topped $1 billion for the first time ever!
Who are the companies improving their sales online? They are big names like Walgreen’s Drugstore.com, Nordstrom’s HauteLook, and Intuit. More importantly, how are they doing it? They use cutting-edge business practices enabled by Oracle’s CX Cloud Service & Support solutions to:
Increase conversions rates and order sizes (Customer Acquisition)
Enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty (Customer Retention)
Reduce contact center costs and improve agent productivity (Operational Efficiency).
Acquisition + Retention + Operational Efficiency = Sustainable Growth and Profits. That’s the magic formula for retail customer service success. Don’t take our word for it. Look at the results of these Oracle customers:
- Walgreen’s Drugstore—30% sales conversion rate on chat sessions with 20% increase in shopping cart size
- Nordstrom’s HauteLook—40,000+ interactions per month—20% growth over last year— efficiently managed by 40 agents, with no increase in IT costs
- Intuit—50% increase in customer satisfaction and 70% decrease in cost per interaction
Using Oracle’s CX Cloud & Service solutions, these retailers deliver consistent, relevant, and personalized experiences across all touchpoints, including social, mobile, and web. Their ability to connect with customers anytime, anywhere—providing the right answer at the right time—helps them create a defensible advantage in the marketplace.
Want to learn more? Please visit http://www.oracle.com/goto/cloudlaunchpad for free resources on delivering exceptional customer service in the Cloud. Also, watch our YouTube channel to learn more about seamless multichannel retail and Winston Furnishings’ exceptional customer experience.
Wednesday Dec 05, 2012
Tuesday Oct 23, 2012
By Charles Knapp on Oct 23, 2012
What would it matter to offer your customers best-in-class service and support experiences? According to a new study, best-in-class companies enjoy margins that are nearly double the average, retain almost all of their customers each year, deliver annual revenue growth that is six greater than average, and realize cost decreases rather than increases!
What does it take to become best in class? Some of the keys are:
- Engage customers effectively and consistently across all channels
- Focus on mobility to improve reactive service performance
- Continue to transition from primarily reactive to proactive and predictive service performance
- Build the support structure for new services and service contracts
- Construct an engaged service delivery team
Join the Aberdeen Group, Oracle, Infosys, and Hyundai Capital as we highlight the key stages in the service transformation journey and reveal how Best-in-Class organizations are equipping themselves to thrive in this new era of service. Please join us for "Service Excellence and the Path to Business Transformation" -- this Thursday, October 25, 8:00 AM PDT | 11:00 AM EDT | 3:00 PM GMT | 4:00 PM BST.
Monday Oct 15, 2012
By Charles Knapp on Oct 15, 2012
The uncertain economy has had a sustained impact on service organizations and processes. The impact has contributed to new complexities - new customer engagement channels, enhanced user and customer expectations, rapidly evolving technologies, increased competition, and increased compliance and regulatory mandates. Yet many organizations have embraced these challenges by investing in and transforming customer service to evolve, differentiate, and thrive under current constraints. What is their secret?
Transforming Support Centers into Profit Centers
According to the recent Aberdeen research report, “Service Excellence and the Path to Business Transformation”, service is now viewed as a strategic profit center at nearly 70% of organizations. As customers demand improved service, in terms of speed, efficiency and reliability, an organization's success has become increasingly dependent on optimizing the customer ownership experience. Those service organizations focused on providing easy, consistent, and relevant interactions across the customer lifecycle, including service and support delivery, are experiencing higher levels of customer acquisition and retention and are achieving better revenue and margin growth rates.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn how to transform to provide the next generation of service offerings. Click here to register now for the webcast and download a complimentary copy of this informative new research paper.
The place to get informed about customer experience and how it impacts your success.
SubscribeSubscribe to our RSS feed.
- This Time What Happens in Vegas Won't Just Stay in Vegas: Join Us at the Modern Service Experience Mar 31–Apr 2 By Stephen Fioretti
- Are Your Sales Interactions on the Road to Nowhere?
- Top 10 Reasons to Attend the Modern Sales Experience
- Look Beyond Marketing When Considering Customer Experience by Gib Bassett
- ICMI Webcast: Forbes Reveals How Financial and Retail Companies Modernize Customer Service by Cedric Turner
- Oracle Co-browse Recognized by Frost & Sullivan for Innovation and Product Leadership by Michelle Brusyo
- 2015: A New Perspective on Millennials in Consumer Goods and Retail by Cassie Moren
- Field Service Management Top Ten: Talking the Talk by Tori Ballantine
- The Increasing Role of ERP in Customer Experience and B2B E-Commerce
- Ray Wang keynoting at Oracle CloudWorld in Boston on Tuesday, December 9th