Wednesday May 01, 2013
Wednesday Feb 06, 2013
By Christina McKeon on Feb 06, 2013
Tuesday Feb 05, 2013
By Tuula Fai on Feb 05, 2013
You’ve heard the term ‘Proactive Service.’ You know it means reaching out to customers to give them a better experience. But you’re wondering, What’s the best way to do that? Because you want to reach out with service that is personal and relevant—so you can drive more sales and lower support costs.
Brands that stand out are those that get ahead of customer needs and use every interaction to grow their business. By engaging with consumers before they have issues, companies can increase customer satisfaction and operational efficiency, resulting in sustainable growth and profits.
Here are the top three ways to proactively reach out to customers:
- Invite customers to chat on your website
- Update customers with service alerts
- Send targeted campaigns and personalized emails
First, business rules enable you to automatically offer chat based on criteria like how many answers a customer has viewed on your website, or whether she is about to abandon her shopping cart. By engaging at the point of need, you can resolve customer issues quickly and boost sales.
Drugstore.com, a Walgreens Company, uses Oracle RightNow Cloud Service to proactively offer chat. By using chat to guide online shoppers, Drugstore’s beauty.com has achieved a 30% online conversion rate and increased shopping basket size by 20%.
Second, you can send customers relevant information—like service alerts, knowledge updates, or product enhancements—based on their profile preferences. This proactive outreach helps build loyalty while saving money on call deflection.
ResortCom International, a vacation industry leader, uses Oracle RightNow Cloud Service to proactively deliver relevant service and offers to customers through their preferred channels and times of day. Proactive communications have decreased its inbound calls by 20%, resulting in $200,000 savings. ResortCom also increased its business 10X with no increase in support headcount.
Third, you can use profile preferences to send customers targeted campaigns and personalized emails. Putting relevant content in front of consumers helps keep your brand top-of-mind, increasing sales opportunities and customer retention.
Shaklee, the number one natural nutrition company in the U.S., uses Oracle RightNow Cloud Service to create personalized campaigns and automatically send welcome letters and birthday emails to members. Personalized outreach has increased Shaklee’s campaign click-through rates and saved money on marketing headcount.
In summary, proactive service helps you drive more sales opportunities and lower support costs at the same time.
Learn more about Oracle RightNow Cloud Customer Service Solutions at www.oracle.com/rightnow
Wednesday Jan 30, 2013
Thursday Jan 10, 2013
Sunday Jan 06, 2013
By Tuula Fai on Jan 06, 2013
When your customers have questions, do they get the correct answer quickly – the first time? Can they get the right answer from your website, your agent or a fellow customer?
Well-executed knowledge management can help you get the right information to the right people at the right time, across all channels – making agents more productive, delighting your customers, and keeping costs down.
Join us for a Free Webcast on Thurs., January 17 to discover how Knowledge Management can help you:
- Drive brand loyalty with a dramatically improved customer experience
- Increase productivity by empowering agents with up-to-date collective insights
- Lower service costs by reducing interaction times
- Provide consistent multichannel service by sharing information across the enterprise
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover how you can maximize productivity, increase customer satisfaction, and reduce costs. Click on ‘Register Now’ to secure your place.
Monday Dec 31, 2012
By Tuula Fai on Dec 31, 2012
Customers demand personalized service. With margins thinner than ever, how can you provide it in a cost-effective way? The answer is ‘Chat.’
Not chat as in people milling about the water cooler. But Live Chat, the newest customer service channel, whose use has doubled in the past few years and whose customer satisfaction score is the highest of all online channels.
Chat sessions enable customer service agents to provide real-time, personalized answers to several customers at once, increasing contact center responsiveness and efficiency while decreasing costs. Here are some results from Oracle RightNow Chat Cloud Service customers:
- Financial Services Leader Jackson Hewitt—Chat enables Jackson Hewitt to provide real-time support to both tax preparers and end customers, increasing their satisfaction while improving support efficiency with agents handling multiple chat sessions simultaneously. Chat, along with the knowledge base, has reduced calls by 40%, lowering Jackson Hewitt’s support costs.
- High Technology Innovator Xactware—Chat enables Xactware to handle higher support volume without added headcount, despite rapid customer growth. With 75% of inquiries coming through chat, including mobile chat, Xactware has generated significant savings while beating its service level KPIs by as much as 80%.
Using Oracle RightNow Chat Cloud Service, these companies have improved customer service and operational efficiency at the same time, paving the way for sustainable growth and profits.
Join us at an Oracle CloudWorld event near you to learn how Chat, and our other Cloud Customer Service and Support solutions, can help you deliver exceptional customer service experiences. To sign up, please visit our registration page.
Thursday Dec 13, 2012
By Tuula Fai on Dec 13, 2012
Tis the season to be jolly. If you’re a retailer, your level of jolliness depends on sales. So you watch trends like U.S. store traffic increasing 3.5% to 308 million on Black Friday but sales actually falling 1.8% to $11.2 billion.
Fortunately, by the end of November, retail sales were up 3.7% over the previous year, thanks to life recovering after Hurricane Sandy. And online sales topped $1 billion for the first time ever!
Who are the companies improving their sales online? They are big names like Walgreen’s Drugstore.com, Nordstrom’s HauteLook, and Intuit. More importantly, how are they doing it? They use cutting-edge business practices enabled by Oracle’s CX Cloud Service & Support solutions to:
Increase conversions rates and order sizes (Customer Acquisition)
Enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty (Customer Retention)
Reduce contact center costs and improve agent productivity (Operational Efficiency).
Acquisition + Retention + Operational Efficiency = Sustainable Growth and Profits. That’s the magic formula for retail customer service success. Don’t take our word for it. Look at the results of these Oracle customers:
- Walgreen’s Drugstore—30% sales conversion rate on chat sessions with 20% increase in shopping cart size
- Nordstrom’s HauteLook—40,000+ interactions per month—20% growth over last year— efficiently managed by 40 agents, with no increase in IT costs
- Intuit—50% increase in customer satisfaction and 70% decrease in cost per interaction
Using Oracle’s CX Cloud & Service solutions, these retailers deliver consistent, relevant, and personalized experiences across all touchpoints, including social, mobile, and web. Their ability to connect with customers anytime, anywhere—providing the right answer at the right time—helps them create a defensible advantage in the marketplace.
Want to learn more? Please visit http://www.oracle.com/goto/cloudlaunchpad for free resources on delivering exceptional customer service in the Cloud. Also, watch our YouTube channel to learn more about seamless multichannel retail and Winston Furnishings’ exceptional customer experience.
Wednesday Dec 05, 2012
Tuesday Oct 23, 2012
By Charles Knapp on Oct 23, 2012
What would it matter to offer your customers best-in-class service and support experiences? According to a new study, best-in-class companies enjoy margins that are nearly double the average, retain almost all of their customers each year, deliver annual revenue growth that is six greater than average, and realize cost decreases rather than increases!
What does it take to become best in class? Some of the keys are:
- Engage customers effectively and consistently across all channels
- Focus on mobility to improve reactive service performance
- Continue to transition from primarily reactive to proactive and predictive service performance
- Build the support structure for new services and service contracts
- Construct an engaged service delivery team
Join the Aberdeen Group, Oracle, Infosys, and Hyundai Capital as we highlight the key stages in the service transformation journey and reveal how Best-in-Class organizations are equipping themselves to thrive in this new era of service. Please join us for "Service Excellence and the Path to Business Transformation" -- this Thursday, October 25, 8:00 AM PDT | 11:00 AM EDT | 3:00 PM GMT | 4:00 PM BST.
The place to get informed about customer experience and how it impacts your success.
SubscribeSubscribe to our RSS feed.
- Modern Field Service Improves Network Maintenance Work for Communications Providers (CSPs)
- Oracle Service Cloud May 2015 Release – Optimizing Integrations across the Oracle Portfolio by Stephen Fioretti
- Modern Service Experience Conference Highlights! by Stephen Fioretti
- Oracle Takeaways from Forrester Webcast: Customer Service Trends for 2015 by Christine Randle
- 3 Tips for Staying Centered in the Fast-Paced World of Technology
- Harnessing Tribal Knowledge for Smarter Field Services
- Improve Sales Effectiveness with Oracle Customer Experience Cloud: The Secret Sauce for Your Sales Team
- Overcome User Adoption to Drive Sales
- Rise of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communication in Field Service Management by Sarah Sheehan
- Modern Customer Experience Metrics by David Lanning