Tuesday Jan 07, 2014
Ajlan & Bros, a large Saudi Arabian distribution company specializing in the design, manufacture and supply of clothing across the Middle East has just announced a significant investment in online commerce. Does this present a tipping point in the development of online commerce in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia? Three years ago, there was very little attention outside the core early adopters. As with many markets breaking into online commerce, those early adopters were electronics retailers catering to very tech-savvy consumers using simple open-source software or custom developments. Is this move by Ajlan & Bros marking a turning point within the consumer base in the Middle East?[Read More]
The place to get informed about customer experience and how it impacts your success.
SubscribeSubscribe to our RSS feed.
- 5 Tips for Budget-Friendly Training in the Modern Contact Center
- Roadmap to Modern: "Get Going" by Katherine Lovelace
- ICMI Webcast: 5 Low or No Cost Ways to Train Agents in the Modern Contact Center by Justin Robbins and Tuula Fai
- Productivity – A Priority for Every Business Leader by Caesar Peter
- Oracle OpenWorld 2015: We Want to Hear Your Story! by Scott Ewart
- "Are we there yet?" The Oracle Roadmap To Modern by JP Saunders, Senior Director Business and Solution Strategy
- The Road to Modern Field Operations at Field Service USA 2015
- 3 Steps to a Modern Profitable Service Organization by Jeff Griebeler, CX Strategist
- The Modern Customer Experience Conference Keynotes
- CX Tech Adoption: Enabling the Oracle Roadmap To Modern by Rob Wales, Customer Experience Strategist