For those who attended today’s Oracle Customer Experience Summit keynote you heard from Brian Curran talk about the strategies and best practices to implement customer experience (CX) in your organization. He spoke about how this evolving journey begins by understanding six steps to transform your business and put your customers front and center. Here are those key six steps:
- What are the strategic business objectives in your company?
- What are your operational objectives and KPIs necessary to measure a CX project? Build an income statement and create “what if” scenarios and see how changes impact your business’ bottom line. Explore what keeps you from getting to your own goals for your business.
- Define the business objectives and opportunities you want to meet?
- Understand the trends and accelerators in the market? What factors are going on in the market affect that impact your business? Social? Mobile? Cloud? Just to name a few. Many of these trends may signal a change in the way people think about your business.
- What approach will you take to solve these issues? Understand who your customer is. How do you need to adapt your business to build relevant, personalized customer experiences?
- What technologies can you implement to address CX? Does technology help you solve your problem?
A great way to begin your customer experience journey is a concept called journey mapping, one of the most powerful and deceptively simple tools for unlocking CX innovation at your organization. Here is where you can learn more about how you can bring this concept into your business to drive great customer experiences.