Oracle Commerce Hosts 5th Annual EMEA Partner Conference, Awarding Top Partners in Business, Innovation and Customer Experience
By Jeri Kelley - Commerce Product Strategy-Oracle on Apr 16, 2013
The Oracle Commerce team is spending the week in Lisbon bringing together EMEA partners and commerce leaders to share best practices and real-world commerce experiences. "Our partners deliver highly functional omni-channel customer experience platforms for the leading b2c and b2b businesses throughout the world, so they are vital to our customers’ success" says Frank Lord, Vice President, EMEA, Oracle Commerce. "This meeting of our partners allows us to bring them together to interact with our product development team, customers, and even each other to ensure that they are best positioned to make our customers successful."
This EMEA Partner Conference, which is being held April 14th-17th at the Four Seasons in Lisbon, is dedicated to exploring insights from technology and system integration Partners delivering solutions to B2C and B2B companies in EMEA. Commerce leaders including Deutsche Telekom, Deli XL, Sonepar Netherlands will discuss the latest trends and share views about how to maximize the effectiveness of commerce channels:
- “The journey to e-Commerce for many companies can be a complex one,” says Rene van Gelderen, Director IT and Program Management, Deli XL. “Mindcurv has been a strategic partner for Deli XL along this journey and made it a smooth one. Thanks to this partnership, Deli XL has the technical and strategic foundation to enter a new e-Commerce era with unparalleled capabilities in our market.”
- “Most businesses selling online have had to build a complicated web of infrastructure, technology, and business processes,” says Sander Vreeken, Manager IT Applications, Sonepar Netherlands Information Services. Spindrift has helped Sonepar navigate this landscape and we are in the process of rolling out our ATG commerce platform to multiple customers. We are looking forward to continuing this partnership with Spindrift to take us to the next level – and to stay relevant to our evolving customer base.”
- "Getting a certain solution internationally standardized in an organization as complex as DTAG comes with a lot of opportunities already. However, once the standard (Oracle ATG) is set the real story begins: setting general architectural guidelines, implementation best practices and effective project ramp up support always stays a tough exercise, “ says Thomsa Wies, Senior Referent, Deutsche Telekom AG. “Spindrift supported us perfectly in underpinning our projects across various national subsidiaries with deep insights in any project relevant area: architecture, agile project organization, expert workshops and a DTAG reference hi-fi prototyping environment By using the Spindrift sitebuilder plugin we were able to achieve the level of business flexibility our sales and marketing departments are requesting."
We are also pleased to announce the winners of our Partner Awards:
- Oracle Commerce Top Business Impact Award, EMEA
- Oracle Commerce Innovation Award, EMEA
- Oracle Commerce CX Award, EMEA
Congratulations to our award winners and thanks to our event sponsors:
Here is what some of our EMEA partners had to say about this event and Oracle Commerce:
- Shane Happach, chief commercial officer WorldPay comments: “We’re pleased to sponsor the Oracle Commerce Partner Conference, and value the opportunity to come together to discuss the challenges currently facing merchants such as the impact of globalisation as they seek to capitalise on revenue opportunities in new markets, and navigating the best omni-channel strategy to offer a seamless experience to customers. WorldPay works closely with merchants to maximise transaction acceptance, while ensuring global customer reach through our acquiring licenses and portfolio of 200+ alternative payment methods through a single platform. WorldPay’s payment processing, risk and alternative payment services are available to merchants through the Oracle Commerce plug-in, providing merchants with a ready-made global eCommerce solution, dramatically reducing the development time and cost merchants would typically invest to access these services.”
- "I've worked with Oracle Commerce and the associated systems for the last fifteen years. What drew me to the platform then is the same thing that excites me now: it's the most robust eCommerce solution on the market," says Devon Hillard, Founder of Spark::red, "But, the complexity of a top-tier eCommerce site requires more than just a exceptional application; it needs an equally exceptional community to support it. The Oracle Commerce community, comprising software industry leader Oracle, experienced system integrators, and proven hosting providers, continually delivers the resources needed for leading internet retailers to create and maintain fast, secure, and scalable platforms. That's the reason my company is excited to sponsor events like the Lisbon Conference and why Spark::red exclusively hosts Oracle Commerce environments."
- "Clearly understanding the technical roadmap for Oracle products is key to ensure there is no wasted development effort for our clients. The annual meet up with Product Development is invaluable to our ongoing efforts to optimise implementations making the Web Commerce solution cost effective in this highly competitive environment," says Alistair Jenkins director of e2x