Looking Ahead at 2011-with Paul Greenberg
By Divya Malik on Dec 17, 2010
It is almost the end of 2010, rather unbelievable how fast this year has gone by. It is always interesting to read what our CRM gurus have to say about the coming year. So here is CRM luminary, Paul Greenberg’s forecast for 2011.
- Mobile CRM growth accelerates.
- CRM and “Social” companies continue to integrate their capabilities as a few suites begin to emerge.
- Social “rankings”, as a measure of customer engagement, will become a standard public measure.
- Analytics exhibits the most significant growth of any area with Customer Insight apps leading the way.
- Marketing apps mature with social marketing becoming an integral part of the application offering.
- Customer service begins to redefine itself with greater emphasis on service communities, web self-service and customer knowledge capture.
- Knowledge management replaces enterprise content management as a core requirement for large businesses.
- Customer experience reasserts itself loudly as the core of CRM and SCRM - This one is kind of a no-brainer in a way.
- Co-creation and customer driven product innovation becomes more than just an advanced idea.
- Microsoft Azure emerges as a true cloud provider at the level of Amazon as cloud computing considers its rise to becoming a primary technology infrastructure.
- Application marketplaces will become commonplace as companies look to platform providers to fill ecosystem needs, not just CRM.