CRM Evolution 2013: Social Care is a Mainstream Channel

CRM Evolution's Customer Service Experience track began today with Hewlett Packard’s (HP) Patricia Graca talking about Social Care. She got our attention with some eye-opening statistics:

  • 1 in 3 users prefer social care over contacting via the phone
  • 80% of customers will not purchase a product if there is a negative review
  • 43% of customers use social media to publicize a bad experience—and 48% a positive experience

Graca has built a social support community with volunteer experts who give two to 30 hours of their time every week to answer other customers’ questions.

What motivates these experts to devote so much time? She found that the top motivator is the satisfaction they receive from helping people. But Graca doesn’t stop there. She uses gamification to motivate experts with things like:

  • 15 status levels they can climb based on their answers’ usefulness
  • Avatars created from personal photos experts submit
  • Privileges like early access to new products, training and special events

Graca even hosts 24-hour social support marathons in which 100s of experts around the world participate—creating a wealth of crowd source wisdom for HP.

Currently, 1% of her social support community serves as experts and/or contributors. Her next challenge is encouraging the remaining 99% to actively participate.

Comments:

Post a Comment:
  • HTML Syntax: NOT allowed
About

The place to get informed about customer experience and how it impacts your success.

Stay Connected


Subscribe
Subscribe to our RSS feed.

Search

Archives
« April 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
1
4
5
6
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today