Thursday Jul 03, 2014
Needless to say, some ATG applications are more complex than others. Some ATG applications support a single site, single language, single catalog, single currency, have a single development staff, single business team, and a relatively simple business model. The real complex applications have to support multiple sites, multiple languages, multiple catalogs, multiple currencies, a couple different development teams, multiple business teams, and a highly complex business model (and processes to go along with it). While it's still important to implement a proper design for simple applications, it's absolutely critical to do this for the complex applications. Why? It's all about time and money. If you are unable to manage your complex applications in an efficient manner, the cost of managing it will increase dramatically as will the time to get things done (time to market). On the positive side, your competition is most likely in the same situation, so you just need to be more efficient than they are.
This article is intended to discuss a number of key areas to think about when designing complex applications on ATG. Some of this can get fairly technical, so it may help to get some background first. You can get enough of the required background information from this post. After reading that, come back here and follow along.[Read More]
By Glen Borkowski-Oracle on Jul 03, 2014
The purpose of this article is to describe some of the important foundational concepts of ATG. This is not intended to cover all areas of the ATG platform, just the most important subset - the ones that allow ATG to be extremely flexible, configurable, high performance, etc. For more information on these topics, please see the online product manuals.[Read More]
The place to get informed about customer experience and how it impacts your success.
SubscribeSubscribe to our RSS feed.
- Expected vs. Experimental Customer Service Channels in 2016: Part II
- Save $500 on Modern Service Experience 2016 in Las Vegas
- Expected vs. Experimental Customer Service Channels in 2016: Part I
- Oracle CPQ Cloud Is All About Customer Success at Oracle OpenWorld 2015
- Six Tech Trends That Will Affect Field Service in 2016
- 5 Essential Types of Field Service Visibility for Manufacturers
- The Internet of Things is Here – is Your Field Service Organization Ready?
- Transform Modern Social Service with Customer Communities
- Connecting Your Business with Oracle CPQ Cloud
- Delivering Effortless Knowledge Everywhere