By Jorge Toledo, Business Development Senior Director, Oracle Latin America
As a relevant emerging market, Latin American countries are still improving their infrastructure and services to keep growing and motivate domestic consumption as well as meet the demands related to mega events—mainly in Brazil due to the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympic Games in 2016. “Global Insights on Succeeding in the Customer Experience Era” brought a discussion to the table: the big picture of Latin American countries and how companies in the region from several segments and verticals are dealing with Customer Experience (CX) initiatives.
The numbers prove that Latin American businesses should do more to provide a positive, consistent, and relevant experience to their customers. Take a glance at the huge opportunities:
- 91% of Latin American organizations claim to provide a positive, consistent, and relevant experience to their customers, but
- 29% of the respondents have one or more active implementations or formalized CX program
- 19% consider their CX initiatives advanced
Latin America does plan to increase spending on CX technology in the next two years by 25%. This planned increase is above the global average increase of 18%. And, one of the most important findings details companies’ investments in CX in the next two years:
- 27% in integrated customer view across all channels
- 27% in loyalty management systems
- 27% in self service capability on website
It's time to improve and leverage opportunities across the entire customer lifecycle in Latin America. With the World Cup and the Olympics coming soon, global expectations for our region will soon be at their highest. While increased spending indicates acknowledgement of the current state of CX, Latin America needs to execute quickly in a short time period. To get more details about Latin American insights into CX, visit the survey website.