Aligned with Oracle’s focus on enhancing its cloud ecosystem and customer experience (CX) suite, we are excited to have recently announced a comprehensive new release to the Oracle Field Service Cloud solution. This release includes major enhancements designed to help organizations deliver on Oracle’s vision of service for the next generation, improving customer satisfaction and response times, while reducing service delivery costs.
Truly an end-to-end upgrade of the solution, Oracle Field Service Cloud’s latest release demonstrates the company’s continued investment in the solution – formerly the TOA Technologies’ product, prior to its acquisition by Oracle in 2014. Significant enhancements are made in the areas of mobility, ease of use and connecting contact center agents delivering service via phone, email and chat to field technicians providing in-person support.
The latest Oracle Field Service Cloud (OFSC) enhancements include:
- Expanded Field Resource Manager – New capabilities enable supervisors in the field to more efficiently manage their teams in real time via a mobile device, empowering the field workforce to quickly respond to changes throughout the day and streamline collaboration.
- Automated urgent work assignment – OFSC now identifies when urgent work comes in and automatically locates the nearest field resource, suspends that resources current activity and then routes that resource to the job, ensuring the fastest possible response times.
- Enhanced mapping capabilities – Now leveraging Oracle Maps as the default mapping solution, OFSC offers enhanced geo-coding services. Additionally, users can upload custom map layers in OFSC, and display them simultaneously.
- New integrations –
- Oracle E-Business Suite: allows a swift, point-to-point integration of the solutions’ job scheduling and inventory tracking capabilities.
- Oracle Integration Cloud Service (ICS): allows any ICS user the ability to create integrations with Oracle Field Service Cloud quickly through simple configurations.
- REST-based Core Application Program Interface (API) – Allows simple integration of OFSC activities, resources, inventories and users through REST integration styles.
- Redesigned Configuration screens and language expansion – Completely redesigned configuration screens allow quick and intuitive navigation. Exportable configuration log tracks configuration changes to improve troubleshooting and give users more control of the solution. And, OFSC is now available in 18 languages, improving the user experience for global customers with multi-national field workforces.
All of the new functionality included in this release will help organizations continue to evolve and improve their field service operations, resulting in a better experience for the end customer and significantly improved efficiencies.
Learn more about the release by downloading the latest Oracle Field Service Cloud release capabilities and benefits data sheet or watch the recent solution Spotlight video. Also check out what publications like Computer Business Review, InfotechLead and Enterprise Times are saying!