It’s been a big month of media and glory for Oracle Commerce Cloud.
Just one month ago, in a press release on June 29, 2015, Oracle unveiled its new flexible, scalable SaaS solution -- Cloud Commerce -- built for the Oracle Public Cloud. This announcement came one week after Larry Ellison revealed that the company was launching 24 new cloud services.
We believe that analysts, customers, and partners are already touting the strength of Commerce Cloud and its competitive differentiation against other offerings on the market -- as well as a core differentiator in Oracle’s customer experience cloud applications offering.
Praise from Lead Forrester Commerce Analyst
For Oracle, the biggest highlight of the launch has been the July 2015 Forrester Research report, Brief: Oracle Commerce Gets the Cloud Treatment, written by Forrester Analyst Peter Sheldon. In his freshly released report, Sheldon states: “[T]he new platform has a high degree of commonality with the long-standing on-premises version in regard to features and capability. However, there are many all-new capabilities that differentiate the cloud version that include:
- The Oracle cloud itself.
- Oracle Cloud marketplace for extensions.
- Web-based administrative tools.
- A new REST API architecture.
- A new responsive starter store.
- New “cloud”-exclusive features.
- A new pricing model.
Sheldon continues by outlining Oracle Commerce Cloud’s product strategy and target market. Read the full complimentary Forrester report here.
Other Highlights from Recent Press
Our customers and early partners have been busy speaking to media, highlighting the key product features and the differentiators in our strategy. Below are a few key quotes:
- “E-commerce is a strategic way to extend the reach of the Rock/Creek business,” says McKnight. “But we like to focus on bringing the best rock climbing, paddling, running and hiking gear to our customers—not managing a technology infrastructure.” (Source:Rock/Creek to help Launch Oracle Commerce Cloud—Nooga.com)
Powerful Solution Ecosystem
- Partners such as Spindrift and Object Edge are tapping into Oracle Commerce Cloud. “With Oracle Commerce Cloud we can now deliver the core commerce components of our customer implementations and also serve as the design agency for the broader customer experience,” said Keith Hurley, director, Spindrift (a DigitasLBI Company). “We will be able to focus on the broader business benefit from day one to deliver rapid, clean, performant solutions using our industry-leading knowledge.” (Source: Oracle Adds Commerce Cloud to Its CX Platform—Retail TouchPoints.com)
- “What is really, really nice for a company like ours, we’re able to treat Commerce Cloud as an ecosystem as opposed to a platform,” Garewal said. That means rather than solely using the service to deploy e-commerce websites, Object Edge can create its own tools and use those of other developers to deliver more powerful functionality to clients. (Source: Oracle Delivers Commerce Cloud to Ease E-Commerce Deployments—CRN)
Visit http://cloud.oracle.com for the latest and greatest resources.