Tuesday Oct 30, 2012
Friday Oct 26, 2012
By Jeri Kelley on Oct 26, 2012
With online holiday spending reaching $35.3 billion in 2011 and American shoppers spending just under $750 on average on their holiday purchases this year, how ready is your business for the 2012 holiday season?
Today’s shoppers do not take their purchases lightly. They are more connected, interact with more resources to make decisions, diligently compare products and services, seek out the best deals, and ask for input from friends and family. This holiday season, as consumers browse for apparel, tablets, toys, and much more, they will be bombarded with retailer communication - from emails and commercials to countless search engine results and social recommendations. With a flurry of activity coming at consumers from every channel and competitor, your success this year will rely on communicating a consistent, personalized message no matter where your customers are shopping.
Here are a few ideas to help with your commerce strategy this holiday season:
- CONSISTENCY COUNTS FOR MULTICHANNEL SHOPPERS
According to a November 2011 study commissioned by Oracle, “Channel Commerce 2011: The Consumer View,” 54% of consumers in the U.S. and Canada regularly employ two or more channels before they make a purchase. While each channel has its own unique benefit, user profile, and purpose, it’s critical that your shoppers have a consistent core experience wherever they’re looking for information or making a purchase. Be sure consumers can consistently search and browse the same product information and receive the same promotions online, on their mobile devices, and in-store.
The place to get informed about customer experience and how it impacts your success.
SubscribeSubscribe to our RSS feed.
- A Big, Sexy Sales Platform Project?
- Oracle CRM Watchlist 2015 Winner
- Mobilizing B2B for the Modern Sales Experience
- March 19 Webcast: Rockwell Automation Uses Innovation to Deliver Best-in-Class Global Support
- Four Key Qualities of a Customer Experience Leader by P. Cory Hogan
- This Time What Happens in Vegas Won't Just Stay in Vegas: Join Us at the Modern Service Experience Mar 31–Apr 2 By Stephen Fioretti
- Are Your Sales Interactions on the Road to Nowhere?
- Top 10 Reasons to Attend the Modern Sales Experience
- Look Beyond Marketing When Considering Customer Experience by Gib Bassett
- ICMI Webcast: Forbes Reveals How Financial and Retail Companies Modernize Customer Service by Cedric Turner