Tuesday Oct 30, 2012
Friday Oct 26, 2012
By Jeri Kelley - Commerce Product Strategy-Oracle on Oct 26, 2012
With online holiday spending reaching $35.3 billion in 2011 and American shoppers spending just under $750 on average on their holiday purchases this year, how ready is your business for the 2012 holiday season?
Today’s shoppers do not take their purchases lightly. They are more connected, interact with more resources to make decisions, diligently compare products and services, seek out the best deals, and ask for input from friends and family. This holiday season, as consumers browse for apparel, tablets, toys, and much more, they will be bombarded with retailer communication - from emails and commercials to countless search engine results and social recommendations. With a flurry of activity coming at consumers from every channel and competitor, your success this year will rely on communicating a consistent, personalized message no matter where your customers are shopping.
Here are a few ideas to help with your commerce strategy this holiday season:
- CONSISTENCY COUNTS FOR MULTICHANNEL SHOPPERS
According to a November 2011 study commissioned by Oracle, “Channel Commerce 2011: The Consumer View,” 54% of consumers in the U.S. and Canada regularly employ two or more channels before they make a purchase. While each channel has its own unique benefit, user profile, and purpose, it’s critical that your shoppers have a consistent core experience wherever they’re looking for information or making a purchase. Be sure consumers can consistently search and browse the same product information and receive the same promotions online, on their mobile devices, and in-store.
The place to get informed about customer experience and how it impacts your success.
SubscribeSubscribe to our RSS feed.
- Forrester Names Oracle a ‘Leader’ in Customer Service Solutions for Midsize Teams and Enterprise Organizations
- Oracle Cloud - A Truly Modern Cloud
- Oracle CPQ Cloud: The Personalization Engine by Baylee Miller
- Expected vs. Experimental Customer Service Channels in 2016: Part II
- Save $500 on Modern Service Experience 2016 in Las Vegas
- Expected vs. Experimental Customer Service Channels in 2016: Part I
- Oracle CPQ Cloud Is All About Customer Success at Oracle OpenWorld 2015
- Six Tech Trends That Will Affect Field Service in 2016
- 5 Essential Types of Field Service Visibility for Manufacturers
- The Internet of Things is Here – is Your Field Service Organization Ready?