Enjoy our weekly roundup of top news stories across the Customer Experience (CX) landscape.
Oracle CX Social Content:
- Check out this fun fact about #Elvis and register for #Oracle's biggest #CX event of the year #ModernCX 2019, March 19- 21! http://ora.cl/4jV5T
- .@OracleCX Platform Helps @PanasonicUK Crush Europe’s Rugged Device Sector http://ora.cl/Fc1tT #CX #OracleCX
- Develop your tomorrow, today! Join Oracle OpenWorld Dubai, 11-12 February! http://bit.ly/2EQm51O #OOWDXB #CX
- Through partnering w/only @Oracle for all of its #CX needs, @Schenck_Process realizes the benefits of an integrated #CRM over multiple products http://ora.cl/Sc8VM
- Learn how @OracleCX customer HOPE Lingerie uses @OracleCommerce to deliver engaging B2C and B2B #ecommerce experiences: http://ora.cl/gJ8to
Oracle CX in the News:
Oracle VP Des Cahill, On “Doing Work You Love And Leading By Example” – Jacob Rupp, Authority Magazine, 1.31.19
- Des Cahill discusses his backstory, how he has overcome personal and professional challenges and his leadership style at Oracle.
- Syndicated in Thrive Global
AR & VR: 4 Ways To Succeed In A New Reality – Austin Miller, Chief Marketer, 1.28.19
- Austin Miller highlights how mixed realities, such as AR and VR, are taking a leading role in modern B2C and B2B marketing efforts.
4 Chatbot Success Metrics To Bolster CX – Scott Sachs, SearchCRM (TechTarget), 1.31.19
- Key indicators for measuring chatbot success include customer satisfaction, completion rates, reuse rates and speech analytics feedback.
2019 Predictions for Retailers, Technology Innovation – Tony Rodriguez, Retail Customer Experience, 1.31.19
- Retail technology in 2019 could place an emphasis on mobile checkout, conversation commerce, AI-powered insights and more dynamic, personalized in-store pricing.
InsideSales’ New Study: AI Is ‘Becoming A Way Of Life’ For Sales – Barry Levine, MarTech Today, 1.29.19
- According to InsideSales, three-quarters of sales professionals in the US are using AI in their work, double the amount of AI-implementation as compared to the year before..
Virtual Reality For Retail, Marketing Could Hit $1.8B In 2022 – Dan O’Shea, Retail Dive, 1.28.19
- Revenue related to VR technology is expected to increase by 3,000 percent over the next four years, generating as much as $1.8 billion for retail and marketing in 2022.
To Be Best Positioned For 2020, Brands Must Create Strategies In 2019 To Evolve Their Mar Tech – Cory Munchbach, AdExchanger, 1.25.19
- As marketers continue to gain insights into the technologies that work best for their campaigns, they should discard of the technologies that are not leading to success.