Volunteering @ Sun: NJ/NY BEN Hosts 80 HS Students for a day
By user12609677 on Jul 16, 2008
I'll post more later but for the third year in a row the Sun Black Employee Network and a whole bunch of other Sun volunteers came together to host 80 students from this year's NJ Governor's School of Engineering and Technology Program. The students had to endure a lot getting to our 101 Park Ave NYC office from Rutgers in Piscataway - half of them had to walk from the Lincoln Tunnel because of the mid-town gridlock due to the All-Star Game festivities. Even with all that they kept their energy levels up all day and many said they would have stayed even longer since they got a lot out of the content. And speaking of content I promised I'd put the presentations up on my blog today so the students could dive into the issues discussed in more detail.
- Brain Cleary: Opening Keynote
- Jeff Reilly: Sun Ray Desktop Virtualization
- Robin Goldfarb Wilensky: Web 2.0 @ Sun
- Fay Salwen: Utility Computing
- Vivek Vadavattath: Sun ECO-Responsibility
- Raymond Clarke: Open Storage Initiative
- Isaac Rozenfeld: OpenSolaris Overview
- Bob Salazar: Java Technology Overview
- Todd Jobson: Career Paths
- Temitayo Olajide & Nicholas Doell: Biographies
I'll discuss more about the day, upload some pictures and video in my next post. In the meantime I'd love to hear some comments from any student that attended the event. I'll see you guys on Friday at Rutgers...