Small Handy Improvements in CTI
By Ales Cernosek on Apr 23, 2009
CTI team is still working on CTI improvements. Yesterday (Apr. 22nd, 2009) new updated version has been launched at http://cti.sunvirtuallab.com.
This version contains several bug fixes and really small features that can be handy and useful during translation cycle. The changes are the following:
- CTI filter - you can filter out untranslated text segments as well as not leveraged segments. This feature is applied to a specific file. In order to find out the translation status for the whole project, you can see the percentage number for each file. Within the file, you can use the filters then (see picture below). So what are the filter options:
- All - shows all text segments available for a file
- Not Translated - shows the segments that do not contain any translation
- Not Leveraged - shows the segments that were not leveraged from previous translations. (Leveraging is a process that automatically translate new segments that were already translated for different project before. Those translations are stored in Translation Memory (TM) and are leveraged every time when starting new project. A goal here is to decrease translation volume by automatic translation of the same, repeating strings from TM).
- warning non-registered users before starting with translation - only registered users can translate strings; by default, an anonymous user has assigned read mode only
- fixing an issue with registration of Japanese users
- fixing an issue with correct behavior of special characters in translation editor and their correct interpretation after saving