DB2 on Sun OpenStorage Blueprint
By Chang Shu on Mar 26, 2009
My new article - "Deploying DB2 Database on the Sun Storage 7000 Unified Storage System" has been published as a Sun Blueprint.
You can also go to the wiki page to comment and rate it.
Here is the brief introduction.
For DB2 applications, Sun Storage 7000 Unified Storage Systems meet a range of functional requirements for availability, capacity, and performance. This Sun BluePrints™ article describes the steps needed to configure and install a DB2 database in a Sun Storage 7000 Unified Storage System environment. The article addresses the following topics:
• Preparing a Sun Storage 7000 Unified Storage System for DB2 database storage
• Preparing a server running the Solaris™ Operating System (Solaris OS) to use NFS file systems or Internet SCSI (iSCSI) logical unit numbers (LUNs)
• Installing the DB2 software on the server and creating a database on the storage system
• Separating database transaction log files from data files and storing them on the storage system
• Taking a snapshot of an online DB2 database and recovering from the snapshot