Learn All About Release 18
By Cheryl D on Oct 28, 2010
We have been living and breathing CRM On Demand Release 18 around here for months, so we could learn all about it and produce the resources that you'll need to do the same. There are new features that you'll want to take advantage of in this release, such as usage tracking and business planning analytics, a new option for attachments, audit trail on more record types, migration tool additions, and a lot of enhancements to our Life Sciences, Insurance, and PRM offerings - to name a few.
You might have already been upgraded to Release 18, or the upgrade might be in your near future. Either way, you will want to know what the new release is all about and how you can take advantage of the new features. As usual, we have a lot of resources available for you. But, here is a bit of a guide to help you figure out what to look at first.
Start with the Top Three:
- Watch the What's New in Release 18 Webinar. You can just sit back and watch this overview and demo of the new features, so you'll know what to expect.
- Download the Administrator Preview Guide for Release 18, which outlines what's new in more detail and tells administrators what they need to do to turn on any of the new functionality.
- Download the Release 18 Product Release Notes to learn about any minor changes or known issues that are likely to be addressed in the short-term.
Then, dig into the details of any of the new features that you plan to use recordings:
- Usage Tracking Overview
- Migration Tool and Administration Overview
- Attachment Fields Overview
- Workflow Enhancements - Time-Based Field Update Overview
- Life Sciences Enhancements Overview
- Life Sciences Business Planning Analytics Overview
- PRM Enhancements Overview
- PRM Training & Certification Overview
- Insurance Enhancements Overview
You can get to the Webinars and guides via the Training and Support Center. Just click the Training and Support link at the top of your CRM On Demand application. Look for the Release 18 Resources link on the Release Info tab.
Everything is also available in My Oracle Support, if you're used to going there for your resources. If you are a CRM On Demand partner, access the CRM On Demand Release 18 recordings and resources via the Oracle Partner Network (OPN) website.