By Mitchell Palski, Oracle WebCenter Sales Consultant
This week we’re happy to have Oracle WebCenter expert Mitchell Palski join us for a Q&A as he discusses strategies and best practices for how to Process Automate Business Solutions.
Q: So, what exactly are Process Automation Solutions and why are they important?
Today’s organizations face increasing business pressures due to:
- Constantly changing competitors
- Stricter regulations
- Faster pace of innovation
- Customer demand for better customer service
Organizations and companies expect:
- Seamless collaboration among all stakeholders
- Deep insights for making better business decisions
- An unprecedented level of agility and operational excellence
Business processes are at the heart of satisfying those expectations and are what makes or breaks a business. Business managers need easy-to-use process management tools that enable rapid solution development and allow them to make impactful changes.
Q: How does Process Automation Enable the Digital Business?
A Digital Business extensively uses information technology and the vast amount of business data that it collects in an intelligent fashion. Data intelligence enables an organization to adopt new and innovative business models that:
- Reduce cost
- Increase efficiency
- Improve customer experience
In order to become a true digital enterprise, organizations need to streamline and optimize their core business processes. A digital enterprise requires a robust Business Process Management (BPM) platform, such as the Oracle BPM platform, to create intelligent, adaptable, multi-channel and insight-driven business processes for operational excellence.
Q: What types of technologies are available to help deliver Process Automation Solutions?
Oracle helps your enterprise excel in process management by delivering a comprehensive, industry-leading BPM suite.
The Oracle BPM Suite includes:
- Business user-friendly modeling and optimization tools
- Tools for system integration
- Business activity monitoring dashboards
- Rich task and case management capabilities for end users
Unified BPM software ensures faster time-to-value, business-IT collaboration and a reduced total cost of ownership. Processes from simple to very sophisticated can be easily designed, deployed, and managed all through one interface.
The Oracle Business Process Management Suite (Oracle BPM Suite) enables intelligent and adaptive business processes for both structured, automated flows as well as dynamic, collaborative case management.
Q: If an organization chooses to implement this type of solution, what are some of the benefits they can expect to receive?
Look at the pain points of your business processes as they stand today. What complaints do you hear? Where do you lose money?
Do you suffer from a lack of process automation that leads to inevitable mistakes and delays to service delivery? Fat finger errors that cost your organization penalties and fees?
Do you struggle with undocumented processes that are difficult to define and refine? What about confusion between your business and IT teams? How does your organization go about modeling and implanting critical processes?
How do you even evaluate the effectiveness of your processes? If they are manual and/or paper-based you probably do it qualitatively. How does that qualitative feedback translate into justifiable business decisions?
Oracle BPM Suite provides your organization with the tools to:
- Realize faster time-to-value when implementing business processes
- Real-time information through rich process analytics
- Business architecture modeling tools for fast process definition
- Industry proven templates and tools for superior case management solutions
- Simple work management through business-centric tools
Thank you, Mitchell for sharing your strategies and best practices on how to Process Automate Business Solutions. If you’d like to listen to a podcast on this topic, you can do so here