Author: Mitchell Palski – Oracle Fusion Middleware Specialist
Having a content repository integrated with Unifier can turn cluttered, unstructured content into organized assets by making it easier to catalog, access, search, and reuse documentation. Oracle WebCenter can serve as an external content repository and has zero effect on the end-user’s experience interacting with Primavera.
When attaching a document or drawing to a project in Unifier, the interface does not present anything about the underlying content repository which stores the file.
With WebCenter Content (WCC) being used as a content repository for Unifier, the same mechanical HVAC drawing attached to the drawing package is stored in WCC as indicated below.
Within WCC, Unifier creates a unique folder structure to categorize and store documents. The actual file name is an encrypted file name generated when the file is stored in the repository.
Those documents can now be:
- Indexed for search
- Entered into external workflows
- Categorized into categories for retention and disposition
- Accessed via the WebCenter web browser UI, desktop tools, or mobile app
- Integrated into external applications and tools via native APIs and web services
The best part? WebCenter is easy to install and configure with Primavera!
- Install WebCenter
- Create six custom metadata fields for data that comes from Primavera
- Enter WebCenter’s connection information on the Primavera “Repository” tab
If you want to enterprise-grade document management and retention to supplement your instance of Primavera, start with Oracle