We’re excited to announce that Oracle Construction and Engineering has joined buildingSMART International as a strategic member and will become part of the Strategic Advisory Council (SAC) helping to move the industry toward a more neutral and open approach to building information modelling (BIM).
buildingSMART is focused on developing standards and solutions for the built asset industry. This includes standardizing processes, workflows, and procedures for openBIM enabling digital transformation. The organization was founded in 1995 and is a global community of chapters, members, partners. and sponsors from across the built asset industry. committed to creating and developing open digital ways of working.
Oracle will bring to the relationship our world-renowned brand with a Construction and Engineering team, providing a portfolio of market-leading solutions driving the digital transformation of the industry for project delivery teams, asset owners, and the entire supply chain across the asset lifecycle.
We recently launched our Model Coordination solution to help construction design and project professionals collaboratively manage BIM models across the entire project team in a common data environment (CDE).
“We joined buildingSMART International as a strategic member because of our shared values concerning interoperability—something that I believe is at the heart of Oracle. Our focus is on establishing an open and collaborative approach to BIM working within a true CDE based on the key pillars of neutrality and security,” said Frank Weiss, senior director of product strategy, Oracle Construction and Engineering.
Neutrality is the key to establishing the trust foundation that fuels true collaboration. Oracle defines neutrality as universal fairness when applied to project collaboration platforms. All stakeholders have control over their data, and no stakeholder has an advantage over another.
• Owners and public entities can better control their own data and have flexibility in their preferred choice of tools. They can take advantage of more predictable costs, schedules and standards-based as-built deliverables. In addition, the sustainability of openBIM formats can be used in ongoing operations and maintenance for better and longer value outcomes.
• Architects, engineers and constructors manage data across their portfolio with easier access to multiple tools to save time and money. They can work with the software providing them the highest productivity and optimal creativity. Partnering opportunities abound when standard processes, workflows, and procedures make it easy and efficient to work together.
• Facility managers, maintainers and operators can start faster in taking over a new asset. They can make better decisions with better access to information sources including accurate static and dynamic data.
• Product manufacturers and assemblers can improve market access and deliver efficiencies throughout the value chain.
• Software vendors benefit from standardized processes because small and medium sized enterprises can focus on their strength in a specific product. Hence, the whole ecosystem becomes strong, and they can significantly increase their market opportunities.
• Educators and students take advantage of standards-based curricula that are in-demand in the infrastructure and building industries for more creativity.
• Society benefits from the improved built environment for living, working and life, e.g., in smart cities, smart infrastructure, and smart buildings.
Explore how you can deliver project success with Oracle Construction and Engineering.