Easy upgrade path from CMSDK 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
By frank.closheim on Aug 26, 2013
- Create a new Oracle CMSDK 220.127.116.11 schema
- Upgrade from an existing Oracle CMSDK 18.104.22.168 installation
- Patch an existing 22.214.171.124.x installation
The upgrade process is divided into three phases: the Pre-SchemaUpgrade, Offline-SchemaUpgrade and Post-SchemaUpgrade phases.
Within each of these phases, a list of upgrade actions are performed in a specific sequence. The time required to complete the entire upgrade process depends on the size and complexity of the existing Oracle CMSDK schema. To minimize the down time of a production system, most of the long running actions are executed during either the Pre-SchemaUpgrade or the Post-SchemaUpgrade phase, because during these phases the system can remain in production. It is only during the Offline-SchemaUpgrade phase that the Oracle CMSDK system must be completely shut down.
Here is a brief overview of the three phases.
- Executes while 126.96.36.199 system is running
- Performs a number of long running actions
- Can be executed multiple times before beginning next phase
- 188.8.131.52 system must be shut down as this phase begins
- Optimized to complete in a relatively short period of time
- Pre-SchemaUpgrade actions are executed again, to process any "deltas" since the last time that phase completed
- Offline-SchemaUpgrade actions are executed only once
- Can execute while 184.108.40.206 system is running
- Performs actions which are largely optimizations
Detailed upgrade and installation instructions can be found in the Readme bundled with each release.