Getting started with Sun Messaging server (and Comm's suite) !!
By cmani on Jun 05, 2008
1. Introduction to the product - Product home page and a Sun Comms Suite wiki .
2. TCO - Value proposition for using Sun Messaging server .
3. Sun Messaging server official documentation
4. Partner products for implementing anti-virus, anti-spam
. Another helpful link for implementing Symantec Brightmail with Sun Messaging server and Configuring Cloudmark Anti-Abuse client with Sun Messaging server.
5. Reference customers
6. Archiving and Compliance solution using AXS-One
Updates (June 10th 2008>:
7. Email clients can be Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook (you will need an Outlook connector), basically any Email client which can talk IMAP/POP . Sun Calendar integration with Thunderbird requires the Lightning plugin for Sun Calendar server.
8. Blackberry integration ,Unified messaging (VOIP, Data etc) can be done with partner products
Please also see this blog by Jonathan Hawkins from Sun, for great tips on Sun Comm suite. I hope to keep this post, as a living, breathing post. Hope this helps !!!