By llaszews on May 18, 2012
"Cloud computing is the next stage in the Internet's evolution, providing the means through which everything — from computing power to computing infrastructure, applications, business processes to personal collaboration — can be delivered to you as a service wherever and whenever you need."
"When I can get access to all my files on all my different computers when I am at the coffee shop".
"Shared computer resources that can be accessed from anywhere, created by end users, be expanded and deleted as needed, and paid for as by how much you use (or free).
Example Cloud (consumer) Applications
1. Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/nimbusmeter/videos
2. Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/
3. Apple iCloud
5. Zoho Writer - www.zoho.com
7. Skype - www.skype.com
8. MapMyRide - https://aws-portal.amazon.com/gp/aws/manageYourAccount?
9. Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/home
10. Blogs - https://blogs.oracle.com/cloudmigrations/
11. Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/migrating2cloud
12. LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=172562&trk=tab_pro
14. Gmail contacts - www.gmail.com
What is migrating to the Cloud
Moving applications and/or information for local devices (iPads, PCs, laptops, smart phones, cell phones etc) to a location that is accessible through the internet.
1. Moving games that can only be played on a Wii, iPad etc. to allow them to be played by players all over the world.
2. Moving word processing applications like Microsoft Word to a browser environment like Zoho.com or Google Docs.
3. Moving all of you friends contact information from an address book, cell phone storage to Google contacts.
4. Moving you calendar from a daily calendar to Google contacts.
5. Moving your dairy from the 'book under your clothes in your dresser' to http://pyxlinjournal.familylearn.com/home/
Example Cloud (enterprise) Applications
1. Salesforce.com - www.salesforce.com
2. Amazon Web Services - https://aws-portal.amazon.com/gp/aws/manageYourAccount?
1. What happened when the Internet/cloud went down ?
2. How can you continue to edit documents when the cloud is 'off line' ?
3. How can a file be shared with someone when the cloud is 'off line' ?
4. What are some ways to interact with someone (without video) using the cloud ?
5. What are some ways to share files and photos using the Cloud ?
6. How do you currently use cloud applications ?
7. How do you see yourself using the cloud after this session ?
8. What are some ways to interact with someone using video ?
9. How can you inexpensively interact with someone internationally using the c