Customers and partners that are migrating from non-Oracle database platforms to the Oracle 'cloud in-a-box' solutions(Exadata) often ask: 'What is the most difficult aspect of the migration?' Is it the processors, applications, application middleware, storage, management software, database, network or something else. The answer is really...it depends. I always hated that answer but it does depend on:
1. Is your network already built to handle a high amount of traffic (high bandwidth) and GB+.
2. How much database logic does your system have. Are there a lot of stored procedures?
3. What is the application built in? Can the language easily be moved to the cloud?
4. Do you want to virtualize the application and use Oracle VM?
5. Does your storage or processors need to upgraded?
All these components need to be considered. So, it does depend. More on this soon.